Chapter 5

Kanat kept looking at her as he removed the strands of hair to see her face clearly. He couldn't ignore the feeling that he had seen that scene before, but when or how? Was this déjà vu? He looked at her facial features and the curves of her body until her waist, which was covered. His thoughts were interrupted by her phone ringing. He pretended to be asleep again while Ekim extended her hand to answer the phone.
Ekim: Yes, Mom?
Ekim put her hand on Kanat's forehead and then on his face.
Ekim: He's fine now! Should I wake him up or let him wake up when he wants to?
Kanat slowly opened his eyes upon hearing that.
Ekim: Okay, Mom! He's awake now anyway. Bye!
Ekim put the phone on the table and turned to Kanat.
Ekim: How do you feel, Mr. Kanat?
Kanat: I'm fine, Ekim, thank you!

They looked at each other for a moment, and Ekim didn't know what to say.
Ekim: Mom is waiting for you for breakfast. If you want, you can take a shower first.
Kanat: No, no need. Let's go!
Kanat got up and put on his jacket while Ekim tidied the bed, and then they left the house. Ekim knocked on the door, and Alanur opened it.
Alanur: Welcome, Kanat! How are you?
Ekim looked at Alanur with widened eyes. Alanur let them enter.
Alanur: Ekim, can you come for a moment?
Ekim gestured to Kanat to sit down and then left with Alanur to the kitchen.
Alanur: Why did you open your eyes like that?
Ekim: Why did you call him Kanat without "Mr."
Alanur: Who is he? I call everyone by their name, regardless of their position!
Ekim looked at her wryly and then started making the tea.

Alanur: Pst, girl! Did you make something yesterday while you were alone?
Ekim left the tea angrily.
Ekim: Mom, what would we do while the man was in that condition? Stop thinking like that, please.
Alanur: Okay, come on! Take the dishes. I'll bring the tea.
Ekim took the breakfast and put it on the table. Leyla was also there.
Ekim: Where's Aziz?
Leyla: He left a while ago. You know he always leaves early!
Kanat: Why?
Ekim: Hmm, he's playing football so he always has training.
At that moment, Alanur came in to put the tea on the table.
Alanur: Eat, Kanat! You must not have eaten since that problem happened.
Kanat got nervous.

Kanat: Thank you. Also, thank you for letting me stay here yesterday. By the way, Ekim, what were you doing at the night club yesterday?
Ekim looked at Leyla nervously and tried to come up with a lie, but Ayla's crying from the other room saved her.
Ekim: I'll go see her.
Ekim went to the other room, brought Ayla out, and sat down with her on her lap.
Ekim: Okay, honey! Calm down.
Alanur: Feed her, Ekim! She's hungry!
Ekim had to get up to make Ayla's milk in a baby bottle since she couldn't breastfeed her while Kanat was there. After preparing it, she returned and took Ayla on her lap to start feeding her. Kanat watched her the whole time since she brought Ayla out of the room. He couldn't hide his admiration for seeing Ekim and Ayla like that. He thought about how she would look with her own daughter.

Kanat: Isn't Ayla's father taking care of her? I didn't see him here or even at the hospital.
Ekim: I told you, he's interested in football and such, so he doesn't stay here a lot.
Kanat: Got it!
Ekim nodded and returned to concentrating on feeding Ayla. Kanat took out his phone and opened it to check his messages from his friends, Hazal, and Melisa. He opened one of them and saw a video of Selin. Ekim looked at Leyla to keep her quiet.
Kanat: I have to go now, thanks for everything, and you don't need to come to the company today, I won't go.
Ekim: okay!
Kanat got and left quickly. He called someone while driving his car.
Kanat: find me this girl and let her meet me at my place. I'll come after 2 hours.

At Melisa's house, Melisa's father was angry.
Ali: What the hell? Why did this girl do this now? Fuck! My plan is ruined!
Melisa was sitting shocked from her father's anger.
Melisa: Dad, please calm down! I don't understand why you did such a thing anyway?
Zehra: Don't make your father angrier, Melisa!
Ali: I did this to force him to be a partner with me. I need to have authority in this company. In this way, the investors will leave him, and I would buy some stock that would give me authority. But all of this was ruined now! Everything is over!
Melisa looked sad and didn't know what to say. Zehra patted his shoulder slowly to calm him down.
Kanat took a shower, changed his clothes, and left the house. He didn't even sit with his family or discuss with them. He drove his car to a little far place.