bonus iii

Clémence Simonet (born February 5, 2002), known professionally as Clem Simonet, is a French singer-songwriter from Bordeaux

Clémence Simonet (born February 5, 2002), known professionally as Clem Simonet, is a French singer-songwriter from Bordeaux. She is a former member of the band The Warning in which she was the drummer alongside her sisters Fleur and Gabrielle. She parted ways with the band after the 2023 Eurovision Song Contest in which they finished 3rd. Her most recent album Moving On was released in November 2023.

Clem represented France in the Eurovision Song Contest 2024 with the song "Amour toujours", placing first in the public vote and second overall.

HISTORY

Early life

Clémence Simonet was born February 5, 2002 in Bordeaux, France and was raised there. She is the youngest of three, and her two older sisters are also in the music industry. Clémence selected drums as her primary instrument at about age 7 but was still trained in various instruments including piano, guitar, bass guitar and violin.

In 2014, 12-year-old Clémence was profiled in the women's drumming publication Tom Tom Magazine. She received attention from Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett, who offered particular praise for her, saying "The drummer kicks maximum ass!" after posting a video on Youtube covering Metallica's "Enter Sandstorm".

The Warning (2013-2023)

With her two older sisters, Fleur and Gabrielle, they formed the rock band The Warning in 2013 when Clem was only 11. Fleur and Gabrielle had selected guitar and bass guitar as their primary instruments, respectively. When the youngest of the three, Clémence, selected drums as her primary instrument at about age 7, the sisters decided to form a rock power trio. They learned to play rock songs, often via the Rock Band video game series, and posted videos of their performances to Youtube.

The band first gained widespread notice later in 2014 when, at ages 9 through 14, their YouTube video in which they performed Metallica's "Enter Sandman" went viral among rock music fans, eventually earning more than 20 million views. The video received attention from Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett, who offered particular praise for Clémence, saying "The drummer kicks maximum ass!".

Due to notice gained by their "Enter Sandman" video, The Warning decided to seek a record deal and develop their own songs. They raised money through a successful GoFundMe appeal to record the six-song EP Escape the Mind, which was released in 2015. During production of the EP, the band met producer Jake Carmona, who went on to contribute to Escape the Mind and their next three albums.

The Warning's first full-length album, XXI Century Blood, was released in 2017. During this period they were invited to perform at the Garorock Festival in Marmande, France, and also opened a show for The Killers in Paris. Their second album Queen of the Murder Scene was released in November 2018. They announced an extensive upcoming tour throughout Europe in late 2019, though it was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.