listening party

After two months in Ljubljana, Clem hadn't even started to look for an apartment, and Bojan wasn't helping. Their relationship has only grown closer and they loved each other presence. She was new in the city and he would hate to be alone again.

Their feelings also had grown and everyone seemed to have realised that except the two. The way they looked at each other, the little smirks when their glances met, the little gestures,... They weren't just friends.

Every time she would mention the fact that she should look for a place to live, Bojan would go on long monologues about how heartbreaking it is to see her wanting to leave him and the fact that he must be such a terrible host since she wants to let him alone.

Clem had organised a listening party with the band in Bojan's apartment Friday evening. Since she had started recording, the redhead had refused for any of the boys to listen to what she recorded. Bojan had felt betrayed by that.

"What do you mean I can't listen?" he had asked her when she had just refused to let him listen to the song she had finished recording.

"You can't listen. End of the story" she told him in a serious tone, like a mother telling off her child.

"Oh come on Clem! Please!" he begged.

"No" she was tired of arguing so she kept her answer short.

"Please please please please"

And it had been the same since she had told him she had finished one song, almost a month prior.

🃟🃟🃟

All the band as well as Lili - Kris' girlfriend - were sitting in the living room of Bojan's - and now Clem's - apartment waiting to finally listen to what the girl has recorded in the past few weeks. It has been quite a nightmare to be able to organise this party since the band was travelling all across Europe for their summer tour. 

"So as you saw on my Instagram post, it starts with 'in the darkness' which is a song about the past few months, especially with my sisters and you lots. Then you have 'Bugbear' which is clearly a song about my sisters. Followed by 'In my Mind' about fighting your demons in silence which caused me to be very quiet and lost in my thoughts a lot. Then we move into the kind of love songs with 'Bags' which is about being afraid to tell your crush you have well- a crush on them. Second-to-last is 'Tough Guy' about trying to get someone you like to open up to you. And last but not least, 'Cloud 9' is about the highs and initial euphoria of a relationship". All the guys were staring at her standing in front of the TV. "I hope you'll like it" she finished before pressing play to her EP on the TV.

The French girl was stressed about their reactions to her EP. She was proud of herself but their validation was something she very much needed. It might have been a way for her to be sure she had done the right choice when she decided to leave the band. 

She watched as they bopped their heads to the different rhythms, as they paid attention to the lyrics. They would sometime send her looks with big smiles or look at each other, especially when they heard Tough Guy. 

"This was... absolutely amazing" first said Bojan, offering a reassuring look at the girl. Clem didn't realise she had been holding her breath for so long. "Genuinely Clem, it's beautiful" 

"Brilliant" stated Kris, "simply brilliant. All the songs are amazing. Not a single bad one" 

"The fact you did everything by yourself is even more impressive. It sounds like there was a full team working on it" smiled Nace. 

"I just have to ask... how many instruments do you play ? Because everything sounds perfect !" asked Jure, a shoked looked on his face which made the girl laugh. 

This little listening party ended up with a group hug while Clem tried her best to hide the tears rushing down her face. 

Before they all left, Lili turned around to look at the girl. "You know Clem, you should probably tell him" she winked before following her boyfriend outside. 

clemsimonet

clemsimonet I think @joker_out_official and @ceciliascamera liked the EP

COMMENTS

joker_out_official HELL YEAH

user1 we stan supportive friends

bojan_cvjeticanin indie music queen right here

user2 can't wait to listen

eurovision we are hyped!

alessandram02 I'm so excited !!!!!

AUTHOR'S NOTE

My Kris' fic is actually coming together ! It will be called "Erasmus" :)