the slovenian language

"So how did it go this morning?" asked Jere when Clem joined him and Joker Out in the restaurant they booked for lunch.

"The rehearsal was great. The mood on the other hand, not so great" she sighed.

"I can't help but wonder why you let them treat you this way" wondered Kris.

"I'm the youngest" the French girl simply shrugged.

"That's not a reason Clem" Nace told her, "you may be the youngest but first, you're an adult and second, you're a part of this band as much as they are"

All the members of Joker Out were trying to get Clémence to sing their song Carpe Diem in Slovenian. Since they have heard her sing, they have been trying to hear her voice again. And what was best than singing in a language she had absolutely no knowledge of. 

"I don't speak Slovenian guys" she argued.

"That's why we want you to try!" Counter argued Bojan who was holding his phone with the lyrics to their song. It didn't take long for the redhead to understand that they wouldn't let her in peace until she tried.

The girl sighed and grabbed the phone. Truth be told, she had been listening to the song a lot, with the lyrics in front of her to try and understand what sound the different accents on the letters made. And while there were some parts she could sing with the lyric, a big part of the song was too fast for her to keep up. Yet she had mastered the chorus which she was proud of and she was pretty sure it would actually shock them.

Clem cleared her throat and read the first lines to try and remember what she could about the pronunciation. Quickly looking at the band on the different couches, she spotted Kris ready to record on his phone, Jan with his guitar and Jure with little maracas for the rhythm while Bojan was staring at her.

She started to sing the first three lines of the song which were similar to the chorus while Jan accompanied her. The French girl decided to respect the tempo of the music and let the little instrumental part after the first lines and shot a glance at the band in front of her that was looking at her with round eyes.

In the middle of the verse were already some backup vocals and as she had expected it, the guy started to sing them with big smiles on their faces.

When the song finished she brightly smiled at the camera and winked at it. All the guys started to applaud her performance.

"What the fuck! That was amazing!" said Bojan still shocked. "We need to record a duet!"

"In Slovenian?" She asked as a joke.

"In Slovenian" he confirmed while the girl's smile dropped after hearing his answer.

Once again, Joker Out had posted her little singing on their Instagram account. But not only that, the official Eurovision account had reposted it on their story, meaning Flo and Gab must have seen it. 

Before her sisters joined her in their shared room, she tried to find some comfort in the comment section, knowing her sisters won't be happy with that video.

user1 first italian, now slovenian, multilingual queen 👑

user2 she really has a nice voice

user3 I wish we could hear her sing in the French entry instead of just the backup vocals

user4 i live for this friendship

user5 i don't get why she's hiding such a nice voice

user6 i said it once and i'll say it again: i need a Clem/Bojan duet

Clémence smiled at the comments she was reading, once again mostly seeing support and love for her singing voice rather than hate. But her smile quickly died down when she heard the door open and the voice of Flo and Gab.

"Clémence Léonie Geneviève Simonet, what the fuck were you thinking?" asked Flo before Clem could say a single thing shoving her phone to her younger sister's face.

Not the government name...

"They wanted to hear me sing, that's all" she shrugged, trying her best not to make a big deal out of this but failing miserably.

"That's all? You're almost receiving more support than the band! That's not ok!" added Gab as angry as her older sister.  

"At least we are getting some publicity..." the youngest tried.

clemthewarning

clemthewarning last rehearsal before the final lets goooooo

COMMENTS

eurovision and what a rehearsal 🔥

user1 the way there are never any interactions between Clem and her sisters on Instagram

bojan_cvjeticanin stealing the show as always
user2 👀