london

The next stop in the Eurovision tour leading to Liverpool was London. While Flo and Gab were sitting in the front of the bus, Clem followed her friends from Joker Out to the back of the bus. She was sitting at Bojan's right and Mae Muller - the British entry - was on his left.

Listening to the two talking she heard the question she knew Bojan was tired of answering : where does the name of the band come from ?

"It's literally we were just throwing out names and this was the least horrible one" he told Mae. The Brit then moved a little to look at the French girl.

"Where does The Warning come from ?" she asked the redhead holding the mic close to her face.

"A family running joke from our parents. They would always warn everyone when we offered to perform little shows since people usually don't expect three young girls around 11, 9 and 7 to perform hard rock." Clem explained, "We hesitated between 'Little Warning' and 'The Warning' since our mother's exact sentence was 'a little warning before you say yes' but in the end, we settled for The Warning" she said, imitating her mother's voice. Everyone around her smiled at the little story she just told.

Bojan got his microphone back from Mae and went on to ask more questions to people in the back of the bus.

"Clem, if you could listen to one artist for the rest of your life, who would it be?" he asked her after asking the British entry.

"Green Day" she smiled, "Lots of songs and albums and some very different styles so I won't get bored".

"How do you come up with the perfect answer so fast?" the Slovenian asked her after she gave what he thought was a brilliant answer.

"Because you're not the first person to ask me that Bojan" she replied naturally. "You should be more creative with your questions"

Bojan looked at her with wide eyes and an open mouth. She knew he would go on in full drama-queen manner, and it didn't miss. "How. Dare. You!" he said pointing his finger at her and with a high voice. "I'll let you know that I am a very creative person" he added with an emphasis on 'very' and with a tone that reminded her of a Karen.

He shook his head and then looked at Kris to ask another question, "Kris, if you could be on a talk show, who would you rather visit: Jimmy Fallon or Jimmy Kimmel?"

"I fucking hate Fallon so Kimmel" answered the guitarist, receiving some gasps from Mae and Clem.

"You hate Fallon? What the fuck mate! He's the most genuine talk show host!" told the drummer with a disappointed look.

🃟🃟🃟

The guys had invited their French friend to their first-ever gig in the UK, specifically in London. She was very excited for them. She knew that playing in an English-speaking country was the goal for many artists whose first language wasn't English.

The Warning, being a band which exclusively sang in English - to Clem's biggest dismay - had already had a bunch of gigs in England. Clem remembered her excitement when her sisters had broken the news.

Standing in the front row, Clem was enjoying the show along with the many fans that have come to see Joker Out perform. It was the first time she saw them in concert since she had only seen them perform Carpe Diem in Madrid. 

The French had listened to their entire discography and she had to say that their records were already really good, but live on stage... it was even better. They were amazing performers. The ambience in the venue was incredible and there were many Slovenians screaming the lyrics next to her.