epilogue

Sometimes family isn't the one you are born in, but the one you find along the way.

This statement couldn't be more true for Clémence Simonet. Sure, she had lost contact with her sisters who, until this day, refused to talk to her after leaving the band and her parents refused to even look at her since they had told her how disappointed they were in her. It took some time for her to grieve this family, the one she had grown up in, the one she had started her music career with. But sometimes it's better to lose someone if it makes you feel better.

Ljubljana was her home now. It was where her family was, a family in the name of Joker Out, but she wouldn't change it for anything in the world. And she had Bojan.

From time to time she wondered how much the Eurovision Song Contest had changed her life. She had met people who showed her what the word 'family' really meant, that being mistreated like she was at that time by her sisters was not okay and what support truly is. But more importantly, they had taught her - especially one of them - what love means.

She had her own career making the music she wanted, a boyfriend who shared the same passion for music and who loved her unconditionally and a place that felt like home.

She wasn't the shy girl who had joined the Eurovision Song Contest in 2023, who wouldn't dare to talk to people and sing in public. And she loved this new version of herself - her true self.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I still have 3 short bonus chapters for you lots :)