madrid

The Warning hasn't been able to attend the Eurovision Party in Barcelona since the band had a concert planned in France that day. The sisters had hoped they would be invited to the Israel Calling, to at least get to know some of the contestants, but France hasn't been a part of the 18 artists invited to perform. It meant that the Madrid pre party would be the first time they would actually meet the other contestants. And Clémence was dreading it a little.

Contrary to her sisters, Clem wasn't one to go to people and start a conversation with them. The pre-party in Madrid was a big event, a lot of the entries for this year's Eurovision Song Contest would perform their songs live on stage, in front of everyone while also live on Youtube.

She wasn't the frontman - or frontwoman in the case of the band - and god was she thankful she was 'stuck' behind her drum set. Funnily enough, no matter how much she hated having so many people watching her playing the drums, she loved playing music for people. It was a bit of a love-hate relationship with concerts (and people in general). And while she was gifted in music and able to play many instruments, her drum set always had been her safe place.

Just arriving at the massive venue in the centre of the Spanish capital, her sisters had already left her side to go meet some of the other contestants. When the youngest realised she had been left alone, she passed everyone as discreetly as possible to join the part of the room reserved for the contestants. The redhead was actually glad she did it since she had found a spot right in front of the barrier which was the perfect spot to watch all the entries performing that night.

Since most of the entries have been announced already, Clem had spent quite a lot of time listening multiple times to every single one of them so she would have a clear idea of every style. But she couldn't help but be a little excited to finally hear the songs live.

🃟🃟🃟

"You're the French entry right?" a voice said behind her. The French turned around to be faced with who she recognised as the singer of the Slovenian entry.

"Exactly" she shot him a quick smile, "You're the singer of Joker Out if my memory's correct, right?"

"Exactly" he brightly smiled at her, "I'm Bojan"

"Clémence but you can call me Clem" she introduced herself.

Slovenia was definitely one of her favourite entries this year. She loved their indie rock vibe and she was actually glad the band decided to keep the Slovenian lyrics instead of switching to their English version. It was something Clémence was actually disappointed in. She would have liked their song to be in French, but her sisters refused to write a single song in their mother tongue since the beginning of their careers.

"Clem if we want an international career we need to write in English" Flo and Gab have always told her, dismissing every lyrics the youngest could write in their mother tongue. Recently, Clem has counter-argued with "And Maneskin?" but once again, her older sisters would still say the same "They are more famous for their songs in English rather than their songs in Italian. And look at them! They performed in the US!"

🃟🃟🃟

Clémence was listening to Joker Out performing and couldn't help herself but sing the little "aha" since it was the only thing she could actually say considering her lack of knowledge in Slovenian.

Her eyes weren't leaving the singer whose name was Bojan if she remembered correctly what he had told him earlier in the evening. His scenic presence was amazing and was playing nicely with the public closest to the stage.