Chapter Twenty Seven

With power comes great responsibility - Uncle Ben from Spider-man

______________

MY fist connects with the mitt placed on Tobey's hand; my hand bloody and raw from training. My body was aching and i could feel the power surging through my body, Tobey had managed to bring up a lot of my past training and in only a few lessons i managed to take him out and pin him to the ground. For the last three days i have been without a phone, i had only gotten into contact with Penny about the lessons i had been missing out on and to make sure Zac was okay. She had mentioned Matt was beginning to look rough around the edges and he's been either making them watch movies or run laps until they couldn't walk anymore. At this rate she was begging me to come back. I had been getting better at my defensive; shooting guns again came natural to me and i hadn't missed a single shot when it came to the bottles/targets lined up around the back paddock.

Justin had been teaching me a lot about the business, he said i would get the hang of it overtime but for now he will do most of the work whilst i learnt it. It was confusing but i wanted to make my dad proud; simple drug/weapon deals involved meeting people or even other families with cash or whatever the deal is about. Making the trade and in which sometimes would end up in a shootout so they could walk away with both items. Justin said we've only lost two shootouts and that's because they sent newbies in; it wasn't something that happened regularly but he said we send our best men and women whenever we do have to do them. According to him it was the best way to make money which was mostly what all of this was about.

The rivals between families had been placed for decades, they send women out to seduce their men in order to gain drunken information or slip through the doors of their safe houses. That had been something that sparked my interest, i was glad to have Justin and Tobey to help me with this weird ass lifestyle that i had thrown myself into. I now felt better about protecting myself and my friends.

As for Matt, i had time to think on things and i can't blame him for wanting to protect me from getting hurt. He had did what he had thought was best for me and i know deep down my parents would of appreciated him for putting my safety first and after spending time with these guys at the safe house i had learnt more about how truly dangerous this is. Justin had told me that eventually it would of happened, it's rare for anyone apart of this to die to natural causes and as sad as it is there was/still is a large bounty on the Myers head. The only thing that still confused me was who had done it, my father wouldn't of allowed it to happen and he was guarded twenty-four seven. Unless it was people they knew?

Tomorrow i had plans on going back to my dorm room and getting back into my lessons while trying to balance this new job of mine. I wasn't going to let this get in the way of the career i originally wanted, with Justin's help and the others i can leave this house knowing it was being looked after. They had done this for years and i wasn't planning on stepping on any toes just because i was their new 'boss'. The whole household was loyal to my father and mother, i was one person built from those two people but i didn't compare to them.

"You sure you don't just want to quit collage and be here full time? It's been a while since i've had an opponent that was worth fighting." Tobey says taking the mitt off his hand; i sit down on the bench in the training room and wrap my hand up in a bandage. Another reason why i was leaving tomorrow, my body needed a break; every day i had been practicing and my body was over it.

I laugh at Tobey who sits down next to me helping me with my other hand; his touch had an affect on me but not the same way Matt's did. The whole time i have been here, i've been comparing the two which i knew was wrong of me but for the last three days i had been so upset with Matt that Tobey was just filling in the loneliness i was feeling with him not being around. I made it obvious to Tobey i wasn't interested in any sort of relationship with him yesterday when he had me pinned down to the ground and he leaned in to kiss me; i had never sent a full grown man flying before but yesterday was a first.