Chapter Twenty Four

If you're going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

__________________

Rose

NIGHTMARES flooded my sleep, Matt woke me up about five times to break me from them. All of them filled with childhood memories that i was gaslighted to forget or pushed into a vault that now had been unlocked. One of them was me around seven chilling in the toy aisle at a mall we frequented often on my own while my parents were only in the aisle opposite of me. A man approached me with something pressed to my hip and he tried to take me, i screamed for my dad and the next day the man was on the news found dead in an alley way dismembered. Back then i remember watching the screen and crying because of his photo; he had tried to kidnap me and my father had him dismembered for trying to take me.

When i woke up this morning i was in Matt's bed, black satin sheets covered in my sweat and i know Matt hadn't slept in this bed with me because of it. I couldn't blame him, i had vivid memories of him waking me up with sleepy eyes and bags underneath them hugging me until i fell back asleep. I grab my phone from the bedside table and read the newest message from the private number; my heart coming to a stop.

Private Number

Still no response? Well i guess we have to do something in order to get your attention.

Hey, that was tough but it's done.

Sorry for what you are going to wake up to in the morning but we had to do it... now about that inheritance?

What could of they have possibly done? Whoever this person is? No one could get to my father; it would of been impossible. I quickly send Penny a text who answers about a minute later saying she was fine, when i try to call my parents theres no answer. I quickly shower to rid myself of the sweat and nightmares; i go through my bag and get dressed in jeans and a white crop top. I walk to the door where i can hear Matt talking to himself, i lean my head out and realise he's talking on the phone in the living room.

"Is he okay?" I hear his stern voice, "When he wakes up tell him it's not his fault, i had Richard send me over the footage from the Myers house. They were overrun, he wouldn't of been able to save them... i know... yes i know i'll have to tell her about her parents.... do you not think i know that..... i've already thought that through.... i'll just tell her everything i know.... she's able to do this.... no i'm not doing that anymore we've agreed on that... who's the boss here?"

"What happened to my parents?" I step out tears in my eyes; Matt turns to me ending his call. He slowly approaches me and i step back, "Tell me now." The texts.. I should of replied now something has happened to my parents.

"I'm sorry baby," he says quietly, "They were killed last night."

I felt my body shut down, my knees hit the floor before my tears could escape my body. It's like something took over, i began to shake as Matt hugged me tightly whispering things in my ear.

My parents were dead, "It's my fault." I cry out multiple times while Matt assured me it wasn't. But how could it not be, i ignored the texts that threatened this happening. Something inside me snapped, i could feel something darken inside me and everything that once was kept away had began to flood back. My training, my fathers words and i stand up unwrapping myself from Matt I start walking to the bedroom ignoring him. I grab my phone and bring up the private numbers messages.

"What's going on?" Matt asks from the door, "Zoe speak to me please."

I lift my hand up to shush him while my fingers work overtime, i could see blood in my eyes as the anger grew in. You want to kill my parents? Well you just fucked up.

Fire and SilkOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara