Chapter Seventeen

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy." —John Mason

________________

MY BIRTHDAY wasn't something i celebrated every year if not at all sometimes, i think as a child it was much more fun to get into a celebration mood because you would wake up to a bunch of new toys and the whole day was dedicated to you. After you hit a certain age your toys become clothes, your clothes become a few pairs of socks. Your friends are what try to make it special but don't have the money to throw a party for you; your parents gift you with whatever you want during the year that when it comes to your birthday nothing is special it's just another day. Last year wasn't even a party for me it was Randy's house party that Delilah and Penny dragged me too; this year i had enough friends to actually have a party even if i didn't want it in the first place.

It was nice to now have a small group of friends whom i had a good connection with; for the longest time it was just Delilah, Penny and I -plus Randy on occasion-. But now we have Jackson, Bailey, Rachel and many others, my goal is to hang out with them more often then i do. I felt bad that my time has been about studying, Price or some other shit that manages to pop up before i can make plans with them. For the last two weeks i had devoted my time to studying and trying to keep my mind off of Price and the fact he was gone, i spent all day yesterday with Penny as we were looking online for ideas for outfits for my birthday party tomorrow night; we invited Jackson to come shopping with us today since i figured he'd probably want to get something for it as well.

I hadn't heard from Price since i texted him last week after my P.E lesson; not even a call on my birthday. It shouldn't bother me as much as it did, but when i woke up to no text from him but from my family and friends i sat in my dorm room sad waiting for him to message. Assuming he forgot not that he had to remember anyway, we aren't together i reminded myself. I got out of bed to go have dinner with my family and Penny Wednesday night; it was nice to be surrounded by them but my mind kept going back to Price as i kept checking my phone to see if he had messaged yet. I didn't want to be the first to message him to seem to eager considering the fact that my constant telling him he needs to leave me alone because a relationship between us was wrong was now finally happening and i fucking hated it.

Now i had kind of gotten used to him not being here; the familiar tingle now replaced with a known loneliness feeling. My best friend Penny had filled in the hole quickly when she noticed something was up with me; she kept pressing me to go to parties but i stayed in instead which she quickly forced out beds together so we can watch movies all night.

Tomorrow nights party was masquerade themed; it was a fancy red and black colour themed. So today was a mission to get the fanciest red dress i could find; even though i had so much love for the one i wore to the charity ball. Via the internet i had found two dresses that i was really into so we decided to head to that store first so i can get my dress out of the road. Penny hadn't decided yet -which was very unlike her; usually she had a whole list of dresses she wanted to try on but this time she didn't- and Jackson just needed a simple tuxedo; Jackson drove us to the store i needed and i tried on both dresses for them both to see.

The first dress was called the Ethan dress; it was a corset red dress with a sweetheart neckline; it had a knot on the skirt that was tied right near the top of my thigh offering a very opened display of my left leg. It had small sleeves that sat just below my shoulder; it was simple and elegant an easy choice. Dress number two was something Jessica Rabbit would wear; it was strapless and sparkly. The dress was a mermaid style reaching the floor and slightly splaying out behind me; a slit like the first stress that stopped at the top of my thigh showing my leg off. I made a note to pick up some self-tan as a lot of my skin was on display; the top of the dress tightened-in a lot making my body look hour-glass shaped. My breasts sat at the top; i pushed them down slightly scared i would pop a nipple.