Chapter Two

"Life is what you celebrate. All of it. Even its end." – Joanne Harris

____________________

COLLAGE the place filled with anxious students, deadlines and parties. Penny already was added into five different snapchat group chats that were made for campus/off campus parties; she was raving on about one that was on tonight to initiate the fresh students. Micheal was rolling his eyes at Penny who was jumping up and down in the backseat of the car as we pulled into the campus parking lot. He hated us going to parties, probably because he didn't trust Penny with me. Penny and I drunk usually equaled all sorts of mischief and due to the fact that I am a really bad flirt when i'm hammered. He knew I wouldn't cheat on him either way.

We haul all of our things to our new room, two white single beds and a small ass room was all Penny and I had to work with. Penny took over the decorating and I wasn't going to complain, I put my the covers I took from home on my bed and set up to copy what I had going on at home to make it feel more comfortable and zen. A large window was situated in between our bed heads; a singular white curtain covering it -which Penny took down and replaced with a black out curtain- after a few hours (with help from Micheal) our room resembled something from a Pinterest feed. Fairy lights, fake ivy and candles decorated the room; I set up my small desk that was at the end of my bed and organised everything so it was good to go Monday when we started classes. I bring out my class schedule and show Penny what I had to see if we were together for any.

B.A (English) - Mrs Lachlan

Maths 101 - Mr Gross

Business - Mr Liberban

History - Miss Darling

Physical Education - Mr Price

My main class was English it was something I had always wanted to major in; business was what I chose in honour of my parents and also just wanting to learn what it's like to work in their industry -it will help in the future for whenever I am handed down dad's business or mum's shop/cafe-. Penny's classes seemed to line up with most of mine which we both grinned at each other upon realisation, it made settling in feel so much better. I was making a point to memorise the teachers names, usually they'll end up letting us call them by their first names but I gathered some might not be comfortable to do so.

"Fucking hell," Penny groans from her side of the room, "I forgot my lingerie."

I look over at her as she digs all of her clothes out my face contorts into a confused one wondering why she would be stressing about lingerie when her boyfriends isn't here since he was six years older then us. She groans again and throws a shirt towards me, I lift my hand up and catch it with ease which causes her too look at me. A small frown upon her lip that starts to quiver as I approach her and without question I wrap my arms around her small frame. She sinks into me and begins to weep into my shoulder, her body shaking viciously.

"What's wrong?" I ask her softly rubbing her back, "What happened?" If Josh had hurt her in any way I will kill him.

Between cries she says, "Josh..has..a...wife."

I pull her off of me in rage, "you're kidding!"

She shakes her head; her eyes now red and puffy, "She messaged me last night and told me, I feel so awful. I'm a home-wrecker." She sniffles wiping the back of her hand against her nose, "he seemed so different."

"First off," I furrow my eyebrows at her, "I'm going to break his fucking toes off of his feet and feed them to him, second off you are not a home-wrecker. He is the one who was a pathetic dickhead who cheated on his wife, how were you supposed to know?"