Part 38

"What's for breakfast?" Sirius walked in yawning. "Pancakes, Effie style of course." Diana smiled at him and threw the towel that was hanging over her shoulder at him.

"Put this in the laundry room will you." She said and flipped her pancake. "I'm home for two days and immediately I am treated like a servant." He complains, though he had a smirk on his face.

"Yeah, well, life sucks." Diana shrugged and she turned off the stove and put the stacked pancakes on the table.

She sat down and waited for Sirius to come back from the laundry room, when he did, they dug in and smiled as they looked around the table, both secretly pretending that all the others where also there for pancake Sunday and everything was normal.

"So... that Pippa girl..." he trailed of and looked at her with a curious look and she sighed and nodded. "Yes, that is Pip." she said and Sirius smiled. "She looks like you... and she has Regs eyes." He said as he took another bite of his food.

"What?" Her eyes grew big as she looked at him. "Oh, you really think I didn't know? Everyone knew she was Regs daughter, we just liked to let you think we didn't so you could avoid that conversation." He shrugged as if it was nothing.

"I already thought you where extremely dumb to believe my one night stand story." She laughed slightly.

"So... do you want to talk about it now?" He asked and she nodded ever so slightly, though it took her a moment to start talking.

"We didn't keep much contact, just the occasional letter- well, the whole group kept contact for about two months after school, but soon we decided we couldn't keep going as we where all on different sides." She started off.

"One day, Regulus appeared on my doorstep. I let him in and he told me that he had found out how to defeat you know who, that he would make sure he would kill him and everything would end."

Diana laid on the carpet in the living room of the Potter Manor. It was now hers, seeing as her parents had passed and James lived elsewhere. She laid there, listening to the heavy rain outside tapping on the windows around her.

A knock on the door startled her and she shot up and grabbed her wand. Slowly she made her way to the front door. Knocks again, more frantic then the first.

"Diana!" A voice on the other side of the door yelled. "Diana please, I know your there!" He yelled. She knew that voice, she knew it very well.

She took a deep breath and opened the door, pointing her wand at him as he stood there, completely soaked. "What do you want?" She asked and he looked a bit distraught. "What? Since when are we on bad terms?" He narrowed his eyes.

"Reg, we haven't see each other in what? Four months or something? It's- wait a second..." she trailed of, still having the tip of her wand pointing at him.

"Where did we first meet and what happened?" She tilted her chin slightly. "Are you seriously doubting if it's really me?" He asked in disbelief. She just narrowed her eyes.

"Seventh floor, we bumped into each other, I was pretty rude, we talked about Sirius, you told me he loved me and then I called you a 'stupid little girl' and that's how we met." He said and she put her wand down.