Twenty-Two

A short break away from home and reality sounded nothing other than perfect. But of course she was nervous, a weekend away with her boyfriend's family. 

The first time they met her they met her crazy biological father who she hadn't seen since his previous parole meeting. 

Ellis and John agreed to look after Poppy at there house whilst she was away, they insisted she enjoyed herself and finally allowed herself to be happy.

Of course she dragged Addison shopping the next day, she wanted to buy new things of course. It would be sunny and warm where they were going.

She even picked up a lingerie set from Ann Summers, hoping to give Derek a night to remember whilst they were away. 

She picked up a few bikinis with high waisted bottoms, denim shorts, soft cotton shorts and a bikini bag, She had her nails painted the most calming yellow. 

She had spoken to Amelia and Addison who both sent her songs to add to a playlist for the journey.

Derek had never really seen Meredith's car, she would always have been in Addison's car driving since she was insured on it.  It was because Addison's car was cheaper on gas as well as smaller.

Meredith's first few cars were old and worn, she saved as she worked through life until a year ago when she came home. She finally bought a nice car.   A grey Lexus, which had heated and cooled front and back seats.

She and Addison both had a suitcase each and a smaller bag with essentials. Amelia was the same. 

Derek knew she was full of excitement and nerves. He knew how she felt except he didn't feel nervous. He couldn't wait to show her off. 

She was his pride, she was his. he made sure she knew that. 

Everyone was leaving from Lizzy's house, since she had two children. Meredith had taken Poppy to her parents the night before, with lots of treats and kitten milk. She had given her the biggest fuss before driving home to pack the car, Amelia had given Addison her bags as she was sleeping at Lizzy's.

Meredith had met Lizzy's children Logan and Lacey as well as Kathleen's son Lucas the day before. She knew it was better if she met them before joining the holiday.

Derek had noticed how both of his sisters husbands struggled to keep their eyes off of his blonde beauty. 

Meredith decided to wear black ribbed leggings, a solid tank top and grey cardigan, which she knew she would change out of once they were there, she just wanted comfort. Her hair had been styled into a bun. Her neck highly visible which would taunt Derek.

She pulled into Lizzy's drive and spotted him instantly, he stood with his father and Mark. He still looked as handsome as ever, in his slim fit black sweatpants and grey zip polo shirt.

She lightly bit her lip as she approached him, although he had seen a car pull in he hadn't expected it to be her, which is why when he felt her tiny arms wrap around his body from behind he jumped lightly.

"Hey there"He chuckled, turning so he could meet her eyes. "You look stunning as always"He complimented as he placed a soft welcoming kiss to her lips, cheekily he squeezed her ass which caused her to squeal.

"Derek, your family"She giggled, he shrugged and pulled her in close to him. 

"Meredithhhh"Lacey screamed running out, they had only spent yesterday together yet 5 year old Lacey already loved her. She hadn't stopped talking about her.

"She hasn't stopped blabbing about you"Derek announced as Meredith greeted the young girl.

"Hey, you have princess plaits, that is so call"Meredith fussed the hairstyle she knew Lizzy spent hours on.

"Yep"The little girl turned around, she was wearing white belted shorts and a butterfly print top.

"Beautiful"Meredith booped her nose. 

"You are a princess Meri"Lacey clapped. 

"No way does Grey have a better car than I do"Mark frowned looking at the grey lexus. Derek looked at the car then to his girl with pride knowing she would have worked hard for it.

"Sorry Markie Boy thats what happens when you spend money wisely instead of on drinks and women" Meredith smirked. Mark shook his head at her as Derek kissed her cheek.

"No racing. Since there will be four cars"Derek warned. Amelia giggled.

"Us girls will have windows down, music onnnn" She whooped the air. Lizzy eventually got Logan and Lacey into the car as Kathleen did with Lucas. 

Carolyn and Charles sat in the back of Derek's car, they had placed their stuff between the three other cars so they could sort out the boot for Ruby. Of course Mark sat at front.

Meredith had Addison in the front and Amelia in the back. They all had satnav's on, although Derek insisted on driving in front of them all. 

"I much prefer being in your car"Amelia let out as she finished singing one of the songs. Meredith checked her mirror and laughed. 

"I am fun, no boring times with me"She had so far kept behind Derek. He kept breaking and slowing down, at one point they heard Caleb beep followed by Kathleen shouting.

"DEREK STOP BEING A BASTARD" Out of her window.  Caleb became fed up and sped off as did Laurence, leaving Meredith who wanted him to be happy. Until eventually she wanted to drive without him limiting her.

Meredith decided to drive in the lane beside Derek, meaning she could finally achieve the speed limit. Amelia found it overly amusing. As the song they all loved came on they met a stop at the lights. 

Addison and Meredith were singing the song 'Crying in the club' loudly as Derek pulled up beside them shaking his head. Addison simply laughed at him. 

Ain't no crying in the club (hey, hey)
Let the beat carry away, your tears as they fall baby
Ain't no crying in the club (hey, hey)
With a little faith, your tears turn to ecstasy

They sang together as if it was car karaoke. 

"Look at those three"Carolyn laughed out of her window seeing the girls laugh with each other. Meredith made sure she was driving safe through her singing. 

"She is pushing it with you eh Shep. Driving in front"Mark teased. Derek pushed his tongue into his cheek.

"She'll know later"Derek muttered under his breath as he noticed Meredith had pulled into his lane, they had previously heard the music, but it had became quiet.

"She must have sensed it son"Charles joined in laughing "Your sisters are at the next stop, kids needed the toilet"He announced as a BMW drove past quickly until it drove in sync with Meredith.

"What the hell"Mark frowned noticing how the car was nearing to her. "Derek you seeing that?"

"Of course I fucking am the jerk is trying to take her out"Derek hissed. 

Meredith felt her breath quickening. 

"Next stop is where my sisters are, do you guys recognise him"Amelia asked, Meredith's entire body had tensed.

"Its my ex...Mike" She gulped. "Do you girls trust me"She asked, they both nodded. With the responses she changed gears and pressed harder on the gas. 

She had no idea how they had ended up on the same highway, what she did know is at the stop there would be drama.