Seventeen

He had missed being home, he missed the surroundings, the ferry boats. He missed being close to his family, he had missed everything about it, more importantly he had missed her. The woman who had unknowingly stolen his heart. 

He found himself staring at a photo of her, she was curled on the sofa with Ruby by her side. He had made it his lockscreen in his absence. 

He had been so busy with work he had barely been able to talk to her, but he made sure to call her even if it was only for a brief five minutes.

Amelia had become close with her, something of which he enjoyed. It meant he could watch the silly stories Amelia posted of her or the photos she would send to the family group chat. One night in particular they had gone bowling. Meredith smashed them both at it getting a strike almost every time. Amelia had sent the family pictures of Meredith and Addison cuddling, or Addison pounting at Meredith. 

Landing he wished he had time to see his girl but he only had time to take Ruby home, pick up Amy's present and get himself to the meal.

Kathleen had booked her sisters birthday meal, she had told Amelia 5, which is when she along with Addison and Meredith would get there. However she had told her other sister, her parents , Derek and Mark that it was at quater to five. Which would give them time to set up the presents, balloon and cake they had made.

Carolyn, Kathleen and Lizzy were excited that Amelia would be bringing the girl that had found her way into Derek's heart.

Derek walked into the restaurant at exactly four forty-five with Mark close to his side. 

"No husbands or kids again?"He raised his brow. Kathleen rolled her eyes. 

"No. Not tonight"Kathleen poked her tongue out. "I can't wait to meet your girl Derek" He had always been so close to his sisters. Just hearing 'his girl' made him miss her even more.

"He has really missed her"Mark piped in as they sat down. They all made sure there was a seat beside Derek for his Meredith.

/

"I look okay yeah"She looked nervous, they had just parked. Amelia was wearing red strappy heels and a thigh length red dress. Addison wore a longer black dress with a thigh slit. Then there was Meredith. She was in a navy blue cami strapped dress which dropped just below her knees, it was tight fitting with a slit up one side. 

"You look stunning"Addison reassured squeezing her hand, Meredith nodded lightly to her as they walked into the place. 

Derek noticed her the instant she walked in, he couldn't resist standing up and walking to her. Mark chuckled.

"She is good for him."He nodded. 

"I can see that, she is stunning"Kathleen gasped. Mark tried not to agree but he couldn't stop the nod.

"I missed you"Derek spoke as he reached her, her arms instantly wrapped around his neck.

"I missed you."She touched her nose with his.

"You look out of this world Meredith"He placed a soft kiss to her lips. "Oh yeah Happy Birthday Amy"He smiled embracing his sister who laughed loudly.

"Come on you"Addison pulled Meredith behind Amelia and Derek as they walked to the table. Derek made sure everyone said Happy Birthday to Amelia before pulling Meredith into his side. He was about to announce and introduce her but Amelia beat him.

"Ma, Pa, Kath and Lizzy meet Meredith. Mer meet our parents Charles and Carolyn and my sisters Kath and Lizzy."Meredith smiled at Amelia.

"It is lovely too meet you all"Meredith spoke as Carolyn stood and embraced her.