Ten

He couldn't describe the feeling, having such a beauty laying in his arms, her head upon his bare chest, her arm resting around him.

He hadn't expected his night to end with her in his arms let alone the next day begin with it. She looked so peaceful, so at ease with the world. 

Laying in silence he noticed the soft noise that escaped her lips ever so often, each time he tried to move she would snuggle more into him, if closer was even possible.

He was in a world of his own, enjoying the feeling of holding her so close to him, enjoying the peace, she lived in such a remote area with only few neighbours. 

He felt her move causing his attention to divert fully to her.  He watched as her eyes fully flickered open and a smile appeared on her face. 

"Morning you"She whispered lifting her body up to nuzzle into his neck. Lightly he moved.

"I wish I could cuddle you more but I am bursting for a wee"He laughed, Meredith sat up with a hum. 

"Bathroom is there, in the cabinet under the sink is a pack of toothbrushes if you would like one"Derek nodded, standing up he remembered she had stolen his shirt the night before. She looked adorable sitting there, holding the covers to her chest.  

"I will be back"He placed a light kiss to her forehead, although he had only pressed his lips to her head it felt different, the feel of her skin lingered on his lips just as his lips lingered on her skin.

She laid back with a smile on her face, as he did what he needed in the bathroom she hastily walked to the kitchen to place some milk and wet food down for Poppy. 

The cold air hit her and she felt herself missing the warmth of his touch. Deciding she didn't want him having to endure the smell of her breath. 

She walked back into her bedroom after washing her face and brushing her teeth in the main bathroom, she found him sitting up in her bed. Something she knew she could easily get used to.

"Hey"She smiled, Derek looked up from his phone. Seeing her standing befor him he placed his phone down and opened his arms.

"I need to go shower before the long evening ahead of me"He teased. Meredith looked up from where she had just settled.

"Mhm. I should give you this back?"She asked regarding the t shirt she wore. Derek nodded slowly. "I can bring it back though"His offer made her smile 

"Please"She kept her response short, to his surprise she sat up and pulled the material over her head, leaving her in simply the shorts from the evening before and a black bralette, although it covered her he couldn't help but stare.

"I am lucky aren't I . I will rush to get ready so I can see you again"Derek placed a kiss to her nose, their lips hadn't yet connected despite the fact they had shared a bed. 

"I look forward to having you back" 

After more cuddling Derek eventually pulled away from her, he knew if he didn't he would end up spending his entire day in her bed.

/

Once he had left she made her bed and tidied her room, placed laundry in the machine, fluffed the cushions for the sofa as well as re folding and rolling the blankets and placing them in the basket beside the sofa. 

Addison stayed with Amelia in the end as she knew Meredith needed time to talk to Derek. She had no idea what they had spoken about but they deserved a moment.

The sun was shining although the day was cold, Meredith showered and decided to put effort into how she looked for the day. She dried her hair and allowed it to naturally style itself. She was about to pull on her tight black jeans when she remebered she had to meet for coffee with a previous client who had enjoyed her work ,back tracking she pulled out a mid thigh length body con plaid skirt and a black long sleeved ribbed body suit. She pulled on her black suede knee high boots.