Betty x Sweet Pea

your fav ship back at it again

Betty POV:

"So I hear Prom is next month, you two going together?" My dad Hal asked Sweet Pea and I as we sat at the dinning table.

Both Sweet Pea and I spoke up at the same time, although I said yes and he said no.

"You know, it's really time you two start going with actual dates to these dances" Preston, Sweet Pea's older brother said.

"No" Fp, Sweet Pea's dad said making Sweet Pea and I grin.

Sweet Pea and I are neighbours and absolute best of friends, he's my world and so much more. I have feelings for him and the way he treats me would suggest he does too, but it's scary to act on a feeling, not solid evidence that he feels the same way.

"I've got girls lined around the block for me, but nonetheless I settle for Betty" he smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"You had to settle for me? Way to ruin my self esteem" I said and he instantly gave me a sympathetic look.

"Betts I didn't" he started and I crossed my arms.

"Go with one of those girls, oh wait, you're an ugly fuck who know one will ever love" I said and my dad let out a sigh as he shook his head.

"Both of you, apologise to each other please" Fp said and I raised an eyebrow at Sweet Pea so he knew to apologise first.

"What I said wasn't even that mean, but anyway, I'm sorry Betts" he said.

"I'm sorry I said you're an ugly fuck. But truly, you deserved it" I said as my dad kicked me under the table.

"Sorry" I said to Sweet Pea who gave me a smirk.

"Okay now that the children are done arguing, are you two going together yes or no?" Fp asked us.

"This year I've decided that I'm sick of having to ask Betty to Prom so I've decided I'll only go with her if she asks" Sweet Pea said.

"Which I'm not going to do" I said and Sweet Pea shrugged his shoulders.

"If you want to go alone, be my guest" he said and I rolled my eyes.

"You realise we're going to go with our friends, sit at the same table, side by side, and we'll end up doing everything we usually do" i said and he shrugged his shoulders.

"But when a hot girl approaches me" he started and I let out a groan.

"Never once has a hot girl approached you, besides me" I said, causing a snicker from everyone around the table.

"Well it could happen" he said and I grinned.

"Whatever you say Pod" I smiled as I finally got to eating my food.

It was now later in the evening and I heard the sound of Sweet Pea stepping up the staircase and walking into my room.

"Hey" he smiled as he got into bed next to me.

"Cuddles?" I asked him and he chuckled.

"I wouldn't dare not too" he smiled as he wrapped me into his arms.

"Sweets, I love you" I smiled as I wrapped my arms around him and looked into his eyes.

"I love you too Betts" he smiled with soft eyes as he looked down at me.

"I love you more though" I said and he chuckled as he shook his head.

"You honestly have no clue how important you are to me" he said and I gave him a shy smile.

"Important enough that when I ask you to be my boyfriend you'll say yes?" I asked as I looked from his eyes to his hands because I was nervous.

"God Betty, yes" he said, instantly making my cheeks heat up and my face blush red.

"Really?" I whispered as I pushed my head into his chest. He held me tighter as he took in a deep breath. 

"There's literally not a single thing I could dislike about you. Do you have any clue how long I've liked you for? And how much it scared me that you'd want to be with anyone but me" he said. I rested my chin on his shoulder and looked into those eyes of his that I love.

"I was scared you'd only ever like me as friend and then you'd date someone and forget about me" I mumbled and he gave me a frown.

"You're not one who can easily be forgotten" he said, making me grin.

"Because I'm constantly running through your mind? You probably can't even sleep because I'm always on your mind. And when you do finally fall asleep, I'm in your dreams" I began and he laughed.

"You're a little psycho, you know that right?" He said and I smirked.

"Your psycho now" I said as I booped his nose.

"You still haven't asked me to Prom" he said as I pinched his side.

"I literally asked you out and you still want me to ask you to Prom?" I groaned out as I unwrapped my arms from around him and laid my back to the bed.

"Come on baby, ask" he said and I instantly blushed.

"Aw aren't you a pretty angel, blushing because I call you something cute" he said. I picked up my pillow and covered it over my face as I let out a squeal.

"Since when did you become so flirty and ugh" I groaned out.

"It's been building up for awhile. I've kinda been in love with this girl for months and not flirting with her daily has been hard" he said and a smirk formed on my face as I pushed off the pillow.

"I can make you hard baby" I grinned as I looked from his cock to his eyes.

"So she can flirt too" he smirked as I sat up and moved to straddle him.

"I can do a lot of things Sweets. Like I can make you hard and then leave you with nothing" I smiled as I caressed his cheek.

"You know what I want you to do?" He smirked.

"What?" I grinned.

"Ask me to fucking Prom" he said and I took in a deep breath as I gave him a serious look.

"Listen to me, okay?" I said and he nodded his head.

"I will ask you but you will give me a direct yes. None of this let me think bullshit. Am I understood?" I asked him and he nodded his head.

"Will you go to prom with me?" I asked him and he smiled.

"Yes" he said.

We both wrapped our arms around each other and I rested my head on his shoulder as I closed my eyes.

He dropped a kiss to my forehead and I couldn't help the instant smile on my face.

We spent the rest of the night mainly just blushing and playfully messing with each other. We also talked about how we were going to start telling people. But most importantly, I felt so happy here, laying in the arms of the love of my life.

A/N
<3