Betty x Sweet Pea

:)

Sweet Pea POV:

My two bothers and I sat on the couch as we were completely engrossed by the football on tv.

"I'm about to fucking smash this tv" Kyle said making Tyler and I laugh.

"Sorry your team is shit" Tyler smirked as we all heard the front door open.

The three of us turned our heads and saw Betty, our neighbour and best friend. She was sobbing uncontrollably. I was about to get up but my oldest brother Tyler, who was closer got up and instantly wrapped her into his chest.

"Hey, hey. What's happened?" He whispered as he used one hand to rub her back.

"Shawn broke my necklace" she sobbed out so heartbreakingly.

"Betts I'm sure it was an accident and" Tyler started but was interrupted.

"N-no we got into a fight and I went to stand up but he didn't want me too, so he held onto my necklace and when I moved away it broke" she said with so much distraught and pain in her voice.

Betty was given a necklace from her grandpa a few weeks before he passed away. This necklace means more than the world to her. The sentimental value to her is more than money could buy.

"Fuck Betts, I'm sorry" Tyler sighed out.

"I need it fixed" she sobbed out as tears just continued to keep rolling down her sweet face.

"Okay tell me something, is he still there?" Tyler asked and she shrugged her shoulders.

"Probably" she choked out.

"Okay this is what we're going to do. I'm going to get your necklace fixed, Kyle is going to fucking kill Shawn and Sweet Pea is going to look after you, okay?" Tyler said.

I knew exactly why he chose me to stay with Betty. The first reason is that Betty and I are just naturally closer as we're the same age. The other reason is that he knows how deeply my feelings run for her are. I'm in love with her.

"Okay but you have to get it done quick" she sniffled as she used her sleeve to wipe her face.

"I'll do it as quickly as possible, I promise" he told her softly and she nodded her head.

"Give it to me and I'll get it done before you know it" he told her and she bit her inner lip nervously.

"Please be careful with it" she said and he nodded his head.

Tyler headed to the jewellers, Kyle got up to deal with the problem next door and I got up to wrap Betty into my arms.

"Did he hurt you?" Was the first thing I said to her.

Because if he did something to physically hurt her you can bet I'd be over there with my brother, making sure he never breathed again.

"No" she said.

"Okay good" I said seriously as I lead her over to the couch.

She sat right in my side as we both had our arms wrapped around one another. I kept her so close to me, never ever wanting to let her go.

"Why were you two fighting?" I asked her softly. They've only been together for a month.

"Because he told me he wanted me to quit the Serpents and work for his family restaurant which is literally so fucking narcissist of him to think I would" she said as anger replaced her tears.

"What a fucking idiot" I said as I shook my head angrily.

The Serpents are Betty's family. This is her life. She's not going to ever leave it, let alone for some boy she's been with for a month.