Betty x Sweet Pea Part 1

Buckle in bitches

Betty POV:

"You're kidding me, right? Just because your wife can't get pregnant, doesn't mean you take my kids" I said sternly to my ex boyfriend.

"Betty I'm not trying to start a fight with you. But we either do this peacefully or we go to court. Please take the first route, for the kids" he said with a sigh.

"Speaking of my kids, why don't we ask them what they want" I said as I crossed my arms.

"Fine" he said.

I took a step to the side, letting him inside my house. He walked in like he belonged here and took a seat in the lounge.

"Kids, lounge" I called out as I closed the door and walked into the lounge.

"What's going on?" Tyler asked as he and his twin brother took a seat on the couch.

"Your mum and I have been speaking and we think it's time that you live with one of us permanently" Mark spoke to the kids.

"Who?" Daniel asked his father and I.

"Your dad and I decided that it would be unfair for us to choose, so we're leaving the option up to you two. And no matter what you choose my loves, neither one of us will be upset. We just want the best for you" I said and they both gave us uncomfortable looks.

"Do we need to decide now?" Daniel asked as he uncomfortably rubbed his arm.

"No, of course not. Anyway, Stage is making dinner, we should go" Mark said to the two boys and they nodded their heads.

They picked up their bags and headed out of the house as I turned to face Mark.

"You realise there's no way in hell they're going to choose you, right?" I said as he stood up.

"I think you'd be really surprised" he spoke as he walked out.

I sat back in my seat as I looked up to the ceiling. I might actually lose my kids. I know they love their life with me but they also love their dad and that family that they have.

This isn't fair, I solely financially supported my kids up until they were seven because daddy didn't have a job or bother to look for one. Then he found a woman who was smart but more importantly, rich. I guess they're in love, but his wife only loves my kids because they're something she can never have of her own. If one day she got pregnant, my kids would be kicked to the curb.

I picked up a bottle of vodka as I walked outside to the patio. I looked over the fence and saw my neighbour Sweet Pea, already doing what I was planning on doing.

"Have room for me?" I asked as he turned to face me. He tapped the spot beside me, prompting me to do so.

I walked down the patio and opened the side gate. I walked into his backyard and up the patio to take a seat beside him.

"What's going on with you?" He asked as I took a swig of the vodka straight from the bottle.

"My ex wants one of us to have the kids at ours permanently and I'm really not sure it's going to be me" I said as I again, took another swig.

"They literally have everything they could possibly want here. What can their dad give them that you can't?" He asked me.

"They can have a complete family. A mum, dad" I started but he interrupted me.

"You're their mum. You're the one that goes to every soccer game, you're the one who takes them to every appointment because you're their only mum" he told me as he took a swig from his bourbon.