Betty x Sweet Pea

Slay

Sweet Pea POV:

I had just finished putting multiple pounds of wrapped up cocaine those asshole Ghoulies had scattered around their warehouse for the fun of it into a crate.

Unfortunately the Ghoulies have a video of me doing something very self incriminating so they're forcing me to do a job for them. I'm in a really shitty position.

As I was about to pick up the crate to carry to the truck, I heard my phone go off. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw that Betty Cooper was calling me. I rolled my eyes as I declined her call and shoved my phone back in my pocket. Betty is a north sider dating the king of the Serpents, Jughead. She will never be a Serpent therefore I have no in pretending like she's worth a second of my time.

Again, my phone went off. I let out an annoyed huff as I saw this time I had a message from Betty. "Answer your fucking phone Sweet Pea" she sent which was a bit of a shock. I've never seen her speak like that before. I dialled her number as I waited with a scowl on my face for her to answer.

"You need to get out of there now, it's a trap. Penny called the cops and you're fucked if they find you" she said and my heart sank.

"Okay fuck" I said frustratedly as I kicked a box below me.

"Just get out of there as fast as possible" she said just as I could hear the faint sound of sirens.

"Working on it" I said as I hung up and ran to the car faster than I ever have in my life.

As the sound of the sirens got closer and closer, I pressed my foot harder on the accelerator to get as far away from the Ghoulies set up as possible.

As soon as I was unable to hear the sound of the sirens anymore I let out a breath I wasn't even aware I was holding. I was minutes away from prison and once again I had escaped it.

Once I had finally gotten rid of that adrenaline and calmed down, I decided I at least owed it to Betty to thank her. I'm an asshole, that's for sure, but I'm not a complete dickhead. She helped me so I owe her and the least I can do is give her a small thanks.

I texted her, asking her where she was and after a few minutes of no reply, I just decided to go by her house and if she wasn't there I'd figure it out tomorrow.

I arrived at her house and saw that her car was parked outside so that meant she was home. I knocked on the door and waited for a few moments but no one answered. I rolled my eyes as I looked around the place until I eventually found the spare key under a rock. She really needs to hide that better.

I let myself in as I walked into the house which had no lights on. She has a pretty nice place, but anything is better compared to the tiny trailer I live in.

I walked upstairs where I saw a small light slightly illuminating a room. I stepped into that room and that's where I saw Betty. She was sitting on the windowsill as she looked out the window.

"Betty?" I said, making her jump out of shock.

"Sorry" I said.

She turned to face me and even though the light was very dim, I could see she had been crying.

"Why are you here?" She asked as she used her sleeve to wipe her eyes.

"I just wanted to say thanks for earlier. But are you okay?" I asked her.

"Your wish finally came true, you'll never have to see me again" she said and I gave her a confused look.

"What do you mean?" I asked.