Betty x Sweet Pea

❤️

Sweet Pea POV:

I watched in complete awe as Betty walked down the stairs. Up until this point I had always seen her as my best friend. I always saw her as someone young who I needed to protect at all costs. But seeing her now, in a gorgeous skin tight dress that showed off a good amount of cleavage. I was in genuine shock over her stunning beauty.

The room instantly erupted into everyone complimenting Betty on how gorgeous she looked. I remained silent as I kept my eyes on her, watching the way she laughed, smiled and twirled around to give everyone a full view of her dress.

She looked so happy and beautiful. The word beautiful kept replaying over and over again in my head. She truly is stunning and I've never noticed it until now. Of course I know she's cute, I see way too many guys staring at her.

I'm use to Betty in sweatpants and oversized jumpers, my jumpers. Obviously she's dressed up before, but this is the first time I've ever seen this much cleavage. But more importantly, the first time I've seen her for the age she is. She's eighteen but in my heart she's still that fifteen year old who I adore keeping safe.

After numerous photos were taken Betty soon left to undoubtably enjoy her night. She had constantly been telling everyone how excited she was the week prior to today.

I was upstairs in Tyler's room with himself and my sister. Tyler is Betty's brother but between my family and the Coopers, we're basically just one big family.

"What's wrong Sweets? You've been way too quiet" my sister asked with a sympathetic look.

"It's nothing" I said and Tyler raised an eyebrow.

"Come on, spit it out" he said and and I let out a sigh.

"Okay I'm going to tell you, but you can never tell Betty because she'll kill me" I said and Tyler instantly formed a worried look on his face.

"Please tell me she's okay" he said and I nodded my head.

"A few months ago Betty told me she had feelings for me and I told her I didn't feel the same for her" I said.

"Wait is that why you two didn't talk for a week?" Tyler asked me as he tried to put together the pieces of the puzzle.

"I think the most important question is why did you tell her you didn't have feelings for her? Sweet Pea you completely adore that girl" my sister said so confusedly.

"Because when I think about Betty, I think about my best friend. I think about always being there for her and protecting her. Not dating her" I said as the two of them looked to each other like I was stupid.

"That's literally half of what a boyfriend does!" My sister said and I guess she was kind of right.

"Okay, but why are you bringing this up now?" Tyler asked me.

"Because" I said as I let out a groan.

"Of how stunning she looked tonight. How beyond gorgeous she looks. I guess all this time I've been treating her like a girlfriend with the title of a friend" I said as I just came to that realisation.

Betty and I cuddle, hug, sleep in the same bed, hold hands or she's in my clothes all the time. Obviously if we do that for long enough she's going to take it as me having feelings for her. I'm such an idiot for not realising and hurting her.

"You're going to ask her out, aren't you?" Tyler said with disgust which I couldn't help but laugh at.

"She probably doesn't like me like that anymore anyway" I said.