Chapter 20

"I didn't want us to fight, tonight." Dave spoke up after a milestone of utter silence.

Kurt lifted his head. His eyes reflecting a silence pain as he forced a smile on his face. "We've been fighting as of recent.. I don't understand why."

Dave cupped Kurt's face. "I know. And it's not your fault. I'm just– taking this wrong–and being dumb about it."

Kurt shakes his head in disagreement. "No." Dave lightly scoffed. "You aren't being dumb, honey. I'm just screwing our relationship up.." Kurt felt his voice tremble with pain.

"What?!" Dave exclaimed in shock. Kurt broke down into tears. "YES DAVID! I KEEP MAKING THINGS BAD!"

"No, Kurt! No!" Dave snapped back in reply. Crashing his lips onto Kurt's. Kurt returned the kiss for a moment before they pulled back and locked eyes.

"This is none of your fault. You just need some help. Some doctors can help you! We can access you to a rehab cen–" Dave is cut off by the sound of anger.

"No!" Kurt snapped back. His eyes narrowing as clenched his teeth together. "I refuse to step foot in one of those centers! They don't help me! I felt like a caged animal! Courtney forced me to go to one of those! I escaped."

Dave felt his face go pale. "Baby.." he muttered. "It's too help you." His voice trembled.

Kurt lashed out again. "NO! DAVE! NO. IM NOT AN ADDICT ANYMORE! I PROMISE YOU! ILL STAY CLEAN, BABY. PLEASE, YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME!"

Dave emotionlessly gets up. A flat-line expressed on his mouth. Kurt screamed and cried. Trying to reach for his love.

"BABY?! BABY! YOU  HAVE TO BELIEVE ME! RIGHT?! YOU GOT TO BELIEVE ME! " Kurt begged as he screamed and broke into tears. Literally having a mental break.

"You lied to me." Dave responded to Kurt's screams. His voice full of heartbroken and sadness.

Kurt halted his screams. Staring up at Dave with regret and hurt. "I'm sorry!" He cried out his apology.

"I need a cigarette." Dave turned around. His back facing Kurt. "And some space. I'm sleeping on the couch tonight."

Kurt felt his face go pale. His heart shatter. His crying screams have ended. Now leaving him in a depressive heartbreak.

Along with Dave. Dave felt his heart is teared into two. "I love you." The drummer muttered and left the kitchen.

Leaving Kurt in a dread of silence. The front door opened and shut. Signifying that Dave Grohl is out smoking a cigarette.

Kurt slowly gets up. Uncontrollable silent tears rolled down his cheeks as he went up the stairs.

The bedroom opening and closing very softly.