Chapter 11

Panting heavily out of their breaths, Dave and Kurt take a seat underneath the bridge.

"Our weak lungs." Kurt joked as he tucked up his knees panting. Dave wrapped his arm around the blond.

"We smoke too much." Dave admitted. Kurt calmed his breathing as he nodded. "That we do. But who cares."

"Surprised we ran the whole way." Dave says truthfully as he eyed Kurt with hushed love.

"Yeah, but who cares about that." Kurt states as he takes out a cigarette. "Would you like some cancer?" He casually asks with a heartwarming grin.

Dave laughed. "So delighted for you to ask me such question. Of course." He responded in a joking dramatic acting voice as he is handed a cigarette.

Kurt swiftly takes out a lighter. Flicking the little flame onwards. He lights his own, and Dave's.

The two smoked together in utter silence. Just breathing in the addicting taste of tobacco before blowing it back out into the air.

"I like having these moments with you." Dave confessed as he puts the cigarette out.

"Yeah?" Kurt turned his head. Absentmindedly outting his cigarette as well into the pavement.

"Yeah." Dave answered as he looks at the sky. It is sunset now. They have spent most of their day underneath the bridge, chatting storms and smoking clouds.

"One day, I'll be up in those clouds." Kurt says as he followed Dave's honey-brown gaze to the gorgeous sunset of pastel pinks and blues.

Dave felt a pinch of worry hit the back of his head. "Well– Everyone goes up there eventually..." He slowly replied.

"Yeah, some sooner than others." Kurt replied in a depressive tone. Hugging his knees as he stared up at the skies.

"But, they're always watching you. Watching how much progress you make on planet earth." Dave says deeply as he turned to face Kurt.

Kurt turned his head to look at Dave. "John Lennon is up there." He agreed as he turned his head to look back to the sky.

"Yeah, same with Jimi Hendrix." Dave stated as he inched his hand closer to to Kurt's.

"It's weird. Hendrix died in 1970 while Lennon died in '80... Just ten years apart." Kurt says sadly as he grasped Dave's hand.

"But they're at peace now." Dave muttered. The two men held hands. Kurt turned his head to look at Dave.

They made eye contact. Staring at each other with hushed love and adoration.

"Yeah, I'll be at peace." Kurt stated. But Dave didn't see it. He couldn't see the signs.

"Aren't you already in peace?" Dave asks. "Your abusive wife has left you." He stated the truth.

Kurt forced a smile on his face. "You're right Dave, I am in peace." He agreed. But that isn't what Kurt meant.

Not at all.

And Dave has absolutely no idea.