33. The Joker

I could recognize that voice anywhere.

Damian Wayne. Aka, the current 'Boy Wonder'. The last person we needed right now. Well, actually he'd probably be the second to last. Bruce would defiantly be the last.

"I was wondering where you had gone off to. I looked through the video footage and noticed a time slot missing from the file. Must've been your work, Todd."

I stole a glance at Jay from what Damian was saying. So that's what he did. I wondered why nobody seemed to notice that the guy they were looking for conveniently dropped by and stole me away.

"Greeeaaat. Demon spawn himself has come to grace us with his presence. I feel flattered." Jay said while drowning out the 'a' in great. And being sarcastic as hell.

"Listen Todd. I don't have time for your games. Just hand over the idiot standing behind you and I won't report this to father." Damian exasperated while putting a hand on his hip.

"No way you're still insulting me in this situation, 'Boy Wonder'." I saw a vein bulge on his forehead when I said that. Good. Serves him right.

"Well, if she's so much of an idiot, why do you want her?" Jason asked, after giving a creepy smile.

Before anyone could say anything, Damian quickly threw down smoke bombs. The street we were on became a screen of nothingness as the smoke absorbed everything in its path. I put my hand up to my mouth and nose and used the sleeve of the jacket Jay let me borrow to help keep the smoke out of my lungs. After initially closing my eyes, I finally opened them to see Jay not in front of me anymore. I then noticed sparks flying as Damian's sword clashed with Jay's guns.

After the smoke started to dissipate a little, albeit still noticeable, I could see them more clearly. And boy was that a fight to behold. Too bad I don't have any popcorn.

They would each clash and then back up and get ready for another attack. "Wow kid, seems you've gotten better," Jay remarked as he dodged an oncoming attack from the lethal sword. "Nope. You've just gotten worse, Todd." Damian said with sustain, as Jay finally landed a hit with the butt of his gun on Damian's face, causing his lip to bust and for him to be knocked back a few feet.

"Really, 'cause to me it still looks like I can whoop your ass any day of the week," Jay said while he twirled his gun in his hand.

Okay, while this was entertaining, I do feel bad that Damian just got hurt, because that'll defiantly leave a really big bruise that we won't be able to cover up with a stupid excuse like he ran into a door to a guy like Bruce.

"Okay guys, I think that's enough. Jay, thanks for getting me out of my slump. I really appreciate it, but I probably really should go." I walked up to Jay and began to take off the jacket to return it to him.

"Keep it. It's still cold out. You can return it to me later."

"No,  it's bad enough we've got to explain Damian's injury, best not push it with the jacket. I'll be okay, the manor's not too far." I told him while holding the jacket out to him.

As he accepted it, I heard grunting behind me to see Damian still struggling to get up from the hit he received earlier. I rushed over to help him.

"Hey Dami, that was a nasty hit, you ok?" I offered my hand to him, although he just slapped it away, and mumbled 'I'm fine'. But at least he answered me, so that must mean he's not to hurt.

He stood up fully, and said, "This isn't over Todd."

"I'm sure it isn't." He lifted his hand and did a little salute with two of his fingers. "See you around Lucy."

"Yeah, see you-" Before I could get another word out, I noticed I wasn't standing next to Dami anymore. Nor could I see them. In fact, I wasn't even standing on the ground!

"Hey, what the?" I couldn't even make coherent sentences.

"Oh don't worry doll, we're just taking a little stroll!" I heard a voice from behind me yell. Wait, behind me? I then noticed the predicament I'm in. Someone's carrying me over their shoulder. I tried to look at the person's face again, however, I couldn't crane my neck far enough. But, I did notice bright green hair. Uh Oh. You've gotta be kidding me.

"Ha Ha HA HAA!" I heard that all too terrible voice cackle. I tried looking back to see where Damian and Jason were, only to notice them struggling to stand upright in a cloud of what I could only assume was laughing gas.

Great. Just great. Getting captured by The Joker? Definitely was NOT on my bucket list.

I don't know why, but I love That's Life by Frank Sinatra. Especially the version in the video.