11. Meeting Trash Tim

I woke up the next morning in a cold sweat. I started looking around frantically trying to figure out where I was and how I got here. Then I suddenly stopped and remembered the recent events that transpired. Oh yeah that's right! I met Nightwing last night. How cool is that! I tried to block out the fact that my best friend is dead, but it was kinda hard considering what happened that night. I was still mad at Damian for what he did. At first he didn't seem as bad as the comics made out, but he's turned into a real butthole. Then I heard a knock on my door.

"Miss Godfrey, it's Alfred. Master Bruce has informed me to tell you that breakfast is ready and to head down immediately to finish discussing the matters of last night. I picked out some clothes currently popular with girls your age prior to your visit on master Bruce's orders. I hope they are to your liking. I will take my leave."

I walked to the door and opened it right before he walked away and said, " Geez, for the last time it's just Lucy. And thank you, I guess? For the clothes."

" You are most welcome Miss Lucy."

" And drop the 'miss' too. It makes me feel weird."

He just responded by smiling, then turned away. His smile was refreshing. It was like a smile a father would give there kid. That's to be expected I guess. I mean, he was the one who raised Bruce. He was the father figure for him for the longest time.

" What? "

I verbally voiced my concerns at the clothes selection in my closet. I mean it wasn't terrible. It just wasn't my style. I did find some cute shorts and a purple shirt with a ties at the left side of it. I decided to go with that. The shirt was pretty. It was an ambrae affect with the light purple fading into dark. With that, I put some socks on and headed on my way. Luckily I was able to remember where the kitchen was and ultimately found the dining room nearby.

I opened the doors and walked in. It was really quiet. Like awkwardly quiet. There was a long table in the middle of the room, with Bruce sitting at the head with his back facing the window. To his right was Dick. I guess he stayed here last night. Next to Dick was a kid that looked to be around my age. I want to say that that's Timothy Drake, but I don't want to jump to conclusions. Then to Bruce's left was the one and only, Damian Wayne. Whoopie.

I was being scrutinized by their stares boring into my soul. It was about five minutes of awkward silence before Alfred finally spoke and said, "Miss Lucy, please take a seat next to Master Damian."

" I get to sit next to the demon spawn? Great."

I heard a snicker come from Dick and who I think to be Tim just huffed.

" Father may I excuse myself? I just don't think I can stand to be in the same room with one incompetent person, let alone two."

" I hope you're not talking about me." The kid who I think is Tim spoke up.

" Yes, Trash, I'm talking about you."

" You know, the least you could do is call me by my name."

" I'm sorry, I thought I did."

" For how long we've been living together, you know very well that my name's Tim and not 'Trash'." Well, that confirms my suspicion at least.

"ENOUGH!" Bruce yelled with a deep voice that made me shiver. It really was pretty frightening.

" Damian, you may leave. Lucy, please come sit down." With that Damian rushed out and I slowly made my way to the seat that was next to where Damian was just moments ago.

" First off I would like to apologize for Damian's rude behavior. Secondly, I would like to introduce you to my other two sons." He gestured over to Dick and Tim with his hand." This is my oldest, Richard."

" You can just call me Dick." He gave me a smile that could kill.

" This is my third eldest, Timothy. I believe he is around the same age as you."

He looked at me tentatively and said, " You may not call me by my nickname and no, just because we're close in age does not mean we can be friends."

I just kind of stared at him with a dumbfounded look on my face. I mean. I know his personality is kinda jacked, but like, did he really just say that to a person he just met?

" Tim! Apologize now." Bruce yelled at him.

" Fine. I apologize. Now may I be excused?"

" Go."

" Thank you." And with that, he got up and walked out of the room.

" I'm sorry for my son's rudeness and for not introducing you properly to him before he left."

" No,no. That's totally fine." He just smiled and looked over to Dick and said, " This is Lucelle Godfrey. She will be staying with us for a while. I believe I don't have to explain the rest."

" Hey, Lucelle! It's nice to meet you! I'm sorry for my brothers behavior. They've just been on edge about stuff recently."

" Hey, it's cool. And you can call me Lucy."

" Dick, can you and Alfred excuse us for a moment?"

" Sure. Talk to you later Lucy."

" K." I waved him a small goodbye and Alfred just bowed and walked away. After the door closed, Bruce began speaking.

" Now that I've introduced you to everyone, I would like to ask you one question."

" Sure. Shoot."

" What's your goal here?"

" Huh?"

" I don't care that you came here on accident. But you must have some reason as to have come in contact with one of us."

" Oh, you mean how I got here in the first place? Damian didn't tell you?"

" Tell me what?"

" That was an accident too. Coming into contact with him. I didn't even know where I was until I met him. I just don't know how he told you about me and you don't know how we met?"

He just kind of stared at me for a little bit. It wasn't a scary stare, but I still kinda shrinked into my seat a little bit, scarred that I just said the wrong thing. He finally spoke up.

" He's got a lot of explaining to do."