14. Datsun 280Z

I slowly opened my eyes at the light shining on my face from the window. I groggily sat up in my bed and looked around trying to recollect yesterday's events. Then I remembered about the confrontation with Damian and Dick promising to take me somewhere today. After I went back to my room yesterday, I didn't do much else. I just kinda stayed in here and watched TV.

I looked over at my clock and it read 8:27 A.M. 8:30 huh? Guess they let me sleep in. Right after I thought this, I heard a knock at my door. I got up to go open it. Alfred was there with his regular stoic face.

"Good morning Miss Lucy. I hope you had a good night's rest."

"I did thank you!" I gave him a smile.

"That is good to hear. I have come to inform you that Master Dick has a message that he wishes to relay to you."

"Ok, what is it?"

"He said that once you woke up to get ready and meet him, along with Master Tim and Master Damian, outside. They'll be waiting by the car. That is all."

"Oh thank you! Hey! Wait a minute! How do you know I was awake? I just woke up!"

He smiled at my surprised expression and tone and said, "I have my ways Miss." With that, he walked away.

I just sighed and closed the door. I walked to my closet to pick out some clothes. I picked out a loose striped shirt, a flannel shirt, some white shorts and some tennis shoes to top it all off.

 I picked out a loose striped shirt, a flannel shirt, some white shorts and some tennis shoes to top it all off

(Kinda like this)

I walked out the door and made my way to the front. I didn't have any belongings to bring so I didn't worry about forgetting anything.

Come to think of it, I hope they didn't wait too long or get up too early because of me. I mean, Alfred already had that message ready, so that means they must've been up before me. What would they have done if I decided to just sleep in till noon?

Stuck in my thoughts, I didn't register the fact that I actually walked outside and was interrupted with a Ahem!

I put my focus back to what was in front of me and saw Dick, Tim, and Damian. Dick was leaning against his car, which was the Datsun 280Z. OMGosh. I'm freaking out right now.

"Woah! No way! It's the Datsun 280Z! In the Flesh!" I smiled when I saw it and ran up to it and started touching it.

Dick looked at me, smiled, and said, "Wow, I'm surprised you know what it is."

"And I'm surprised you're letting her touch it." After Tim said that, I stopped what I was doing and turned around to face them.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I just got a little exited is all."

"No sweat! I guess you really do know everything about us. But still. That sure sounds like a minor detail to know about me. Considering Bruce sounds like the main star of these 'comics'. Are you sure you don't have a crush on me?"

Dick was staring at my expression to get an answer and Tim looked quite confused.

"Like I said before, I used too, but now-" I heard that same noise I first heard when I came out here again.

Ahem!

I looked behind me and saw Damian staring at me with daggers.

I just put a smile on my face."Oh hi Damian! Didn't see ya there!" I gave him a little wave.

"Dick, must I go with you? I don't think I could stand to be in the same car as these 2 incompetent creatures."

Incompetent!?! While I felt offended, Tim just rolled his eyes.

"Yes little D, ya gotta go. Not only is this a way to get to know Lucy better, it can also count as our family bonding time. It's like killing 2 birds with one stone, ya know?"

Damian just rolled his eyes and got in the car. Tim went around to get into the passenger side, until someone stopped him.

"Wait Tim, let Lucy sit in the front."

Tim sighed and said, "Fine."

I got in the passenger side after Tim got comfortable in the back. Then Dick climbed in the drivers side and asked, "Are we ready?"

"Yes!" I excitedly said.

"Sure." Tim said with uncertainty.

"tt", was all Damian gave in acknowledgement to Dick's question.

"C'mon Damian, at least try to act like you're exited." I tried to get him to say something, but all I got in return was another evil glare.

I sighed and thought, this is going to be a long day.

A/N: Wow guys, a lot of sighs in this chapter. Also sorry for another short one, school's hitting hard. Anyways, til next time!

Peace!