26

baisemain

ⁿᵒᵘⁿ
a kiss on the hand
~

i awoke from dozens of kisses being laid on and around my face. groggily, i placed my hand on the person's mouth and pushed them away gently, peeling open my tired eyes.

izuku removed my hand from his face with a grin, looking at me with joyous eyes. i noticed his freckles dancing from his face, down to his shoulders and arms. beautiful.
"how dare you wake me up?" i said, faking irritation. he huffed out and kissed my nose.

i rolled my eyes and kissed his cheek, sitting up. "what time is it?" i asked, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. i felt izuku's finger trace the outline of my scar and my heart immediately sunk.

i almost jumped up from my position and turned my back away from him, hiding the ugly sight from his curious green eyes. "what's wrong?" izuku questioned, confused.

right. i never told bakugou about my thoughts of the scar, so he couldn't tell izuku.

"nothing." i pressed out a bit too quickly. my ears reddened as izuku stood, scooping me up into a hug. "sorry i upset you," he murmured. i could feel his breath on my shoulder and he let go of me.

he looked at me wearily, "just talk to me. i know something is bothering you."

i sighed. i knew that i was going to regret this.

"the scar."

izuku's eyes darted to my torso. he knew exactly what i was talking about

"it makes me sick just to think about it." i shakily admitted

he took my shoulders and turned me around to face my back to him. "show me the whole scar, y/n." he instructed. i turned and looked at him wearily, i didn't want to do this by any means. "izuku, i-" "just... show me, please,"

i turned around and removed my small top, embarrassedly covering my chest with the fabric as izuku's eyes scanned over my back.

i heard him take a step towards me and then he took me in his arms. his bare chest colliding with my bare back. he was warm, although, where the scar was, i could not feel his heat.

it made me queasy. i was badly burned and i now barely had any feeling in most of my back due to nerve damage and the fact that any and all scar tissue had no nerves at all.

"you are the most beautiful person i have ever met." izuku murmured.

he let me go and kissed my shoulder. "if only i could have done something to avoid this." he said.

i sighed, "it's fine."

i slipped my top back on and turned to face him, taking his face in my hands. "i will do it again. if it means your safety- if it means anyone's safety, i will do it again. a hunderd times over."

he smiled and kissed me on my forehead.

"you are soft, but in a very dangerous way, my y/n."

"young midoriya! have you seen- oh my."

izuku and i almost leaped away from each other when my dad entered the room. he stared at us for a moment, blue eyes darting between me and izuku.

"what is it, all might?" izuku asked, cutting through the deafening silence, stepping in front of me to allow me to cover up with one of his sweatshirts.

"i was going to ask if you have seen y/n, because she wasn't in her room."

now dressed, i stood next to izuku, and looked at my father. "what do you need me for?"

dad gave me a small grin. "i wanted to thank you for bringing young midoriya back home."

oh.

fuck this shit.

i let out an irritated grunt and stormed past my father, out of izuku's room.

"y/n.."

dad was following after me. for the first time in my life, he was following me.

what the hell?

i jumped out of one of the windows in the hallway, and turned to face him. my face showed hurt and betrayal. "why?" i asked him, my voice cracking. "what..?"

"why is the only thing you care about your damn successor? did i do something to upset you? where did i go wrong? what did i do?"

dad stayed quiet, only staring at me with suprise.

"i thought things were getting better. but after that raid... everything went to shit."

"i..."

he didn't finish his sentence.

"right." i let out a sigh and looked in the direction of ground beta. "fuck this. I'm leaving."

"y/n, just talk to me." dad begged, causing me to give him a furious look and float closer to the window. closer to him.

"talk to you?"

his blue eyes saddened as he stared at me.

"you ignore me for a month. all of my calls. all of my messages. all because he" i pointed to izuku, "decided to go off on his own and you you wanted to be at his side."

"now that he's back, you finally wanna talk? don't make me laugh."

dad closed his agape mouth and looked down in shame. he knew how much this upset me, so why wasn't he saying anything? was it just to wipe his ass on me? why was he like this? why was i like this?

I flew over to my dorm, the cool, dusty air making me feel less and less comforted.

I made sure that the door was locked and slid down against it.

after a few minutes, I heard a knock and then a sliding sound against the wood of the door.

"y/n. I know hou you must feel,"

dad's voice. I kept silent, listening to him and holding onto the soft fabric of izuku's sweatshirt.

"but you weren't alone for the month that we were away. you had your friends."

"you are my daughter and I care for you. I want only for you to be safe and happy."

I almost laughed. I'm his daughter? that's bullshit. I was never his daughter, and when I was, it was only when he remembered that I was.

I heard footsteps walk from my room and got up. I then got dressed into a white tank top and some blue jeans, then I flew into the chaos that was the city.