Prologue

sweven

ⁿᵒᵘⁿ
a vision in one's sleep; a dream
~

dreams were not something i got on a regular basis. whenever i got one, they were not as pleasant as sleeping without them.

see, as a student in UA high's 1-A, peaceful sleep is only something i get when i take some melatonin before hitting the hay. if not, villains haunted me thanks to that little part of my brain called the hippocampus.

i guess my brain just likes being melodramatic, seeing as i was not kidnapped, nor was i threatened or almost killed. well, not in school anyway.

bakugou and midoriya were,

they always seemed to have some trouble on their backs, and it was always just them, except when their friends place themselves into the messes of their lives.

somehow, they had the same throuble, even though they seemed to be polar opposites. it intrigued me even more, but i preferred to keep that to myself.

i was mainly friends with the girls in class, and just a handful of the guys.

on weekends, the girls would hang out in an open room that we made onto a clubroom for us, and we'd do facemasks, snack, and gossip about everything.

we also had a tv in there, so when we felt like it, we would all watch murder documentaries together and scare each other after.

and when we finally went to sleep, we would make a small cuddle puddle and sleep like that all night. it was the most fun thing ever.

~

as i was practicing making a force field at special moves training, one of bakugou's explosions caused a boulder to fall from its place. it was going to fall on top of all might.

without thinking, i shot a light ray at the old man, willing it to spread around him and create a force field.

just as i did, Midoriya came in and kicked the boulder away from the blonde man.

of course he did.

i huffed to myself, and turned away from the two, revoking my force field. midoriya had it covered, why did i even react?

"Thanks, young chuzuki!" i heard from below. i simply turned and showed all might a thumbs up.

i continued on with my force field training, not daring to lose focus.

the hero licensing exam was merely two weeks away. and i had to pass. i needed to show him that i didn't need his help. not with anything.

after training, we went to lunch, and on the way there, i was scrolling through the news on my phone.

it consisted of the usual things; mt lady beats villain endeavor concpiracy three people murdured at a bank in kyushu ; new hawks merchandise

stuff like that.

i nearly jumped out of my skin when somebody called my name while running up to me. "chuzuki!" i turned to see a bush of green hair and freckles.

"midoriya?" i asked while stiffening. why would he want to talk to me. we only spoke once this whole schoolyear, at the summer camp when bakugou was baku-napped.

the boy whipped out a notebook and a pencil. "how did you do that with your quirk?!" he questioned and started muttering about quantum physics and how my quirk broke a few laws of it.

i looked in front of me, "i don't know," i mumbled, crossing my arms. discomfort was the only thing on my mind. it was weird speaking to somebody other than my usual friends, and it was especially weird speaking to him.

midoriya seemed to notice my uncomfortable body language and reddened. "sorry if i bothered you!" he apologize, giving me a quick bow and walking to his lunch table.

my phone dinged as i stood in line for food.

———
DAD

Can i talk to you after
school?

———

i simply ignored the message and marked it as unread, i didn't feel like speaking to him at the moment. maybe at a later date when he was willing to apologize and treat me as his daughter.