07

ineffable

ᵃᵈʲᵉᶜᵗⁱᵛᵉ
utterly indescribable, too scared to speak of.
~

it was still before the first light when my phone pinged loudly. i groggily turned and read the message, hissing from pain when the bright light from my phone screen hit my eyes.

i slowly scanned through the message, taking a deep, shaky breath when it resonated in my brain. it was time.

i got up and washed my face in the tap of my bathroom. an ineffable feeling in the depths of my chest and stomach. i felt sick and nervous. there were so many things that could go wrong.

i took a few deep breaths to calm myself down, just like gramps taught me all those years ago.

it worked, but only momentarely. that feeling returned as soon as i stood outside on my porch. i watched as the sun rose over the horizon, calming at the sight.

it was all going to be fine.

yeah.

all is well.

~

we were going to raid the place at eight thirty on the dot. we gathered outside of the hassaikai headquarters. we were given lists of members and their quirks, so i made sure to remember as much as i could.

my nerves were causing my hands to shake. my costume felt tight and suffocating.

another few deep breaths.

i havent seen gramps around, i assumed that he had other duties to attend to.

the police sergeant was at the door, about to press the doorbell, when a giant man broke through the walls. i was quick to react, creating a shield in front of some of the people in the front part and pushing them a few feet back, and protecting them from the debris.

ryukyu and her agency stepped in taking the villain on while we charged forward to the entrance moving past some of the footmen of the hassaikai.

we reached the secret entrance and when it was opened some men jumped out. centipeder and bubblegirl quickly reprimanded them.

we reached a fake wall and kirishima and midoriya quickly broke through it and we continued forth.

once we broke through, the walls started moving and i recognized it as mimic's quirk. iy seemed that he was using some enhancing drug to be able to control this big an area.

lemillion charged forth, telling us that speed is the most important thing at the moment. just when he was gone, a hole opened up beneath us and we all fell.

in the new room were three villains, whom i all recognized from the briefing. suneater took over and told us to move on, so we did.

suddenly, a big pillar of concrete came for mr aizawa, about to crush him or take him somewhere else. but luckily fatgum pushed him out of the way in time.

"be careful, fat!" aizawa yelled after the fat man, and we continued running towards our goal.

the closer we got, the more my nerves turned into adrenaline, pushing me further forward. even if i still was scared. i could barely think straight, only worried for the lives of my comrades back there.

i swallowed down a lump in my throat, focussing on the task at hand.

the walls and floors started moving around again, indicating that mimic was back at it, trying to ruin out main force. he was trying to crush us by closing in the walls.

rock lock jumped into action and stopped the walls from moving around.

we then continued forth again.

suddenly random walls started firming around us mr aizawa yanked both me and deku out of the way in the nick of time.

"thanks for the save," i breathed out, standing with my back toward the two guys. they did the same with their backs to me.

we heard a grunt from the other side of the wall, where rock lock was. "Rocklock! are you okay?!" deku yelled to the wall.

"stand back, freckles," i told the boy and aimed both my hands at the wall, "desintegrate ray, thirty percent!" a large beam of light shot from my hands, breaking through the wall instantly. we ran through and found rocklock unconscious with a bloody wound and... rocklock standing over him.

"guys, this impostor attacked me!" he said to us and stood up. mr aizawa inspected the impostor, and i saw that he was stabbed.

"midoriya, are you okay?" he asked the shorter boy next to me and something klicked in my brain. he called all of us either by our hero names or just 'kid'.

'rocklock' lifted his hand, bringing out a knife and i activated a force field around me and midoriya. aizawa activated his quirk and mud started melting around our impostor, revealing himiko toga from the LOV.

she stabbed my force field bubble multiple times while saying weird shit to midoriya before looking at me with a bland expression.

aizawa wrapped her up in his binding cloth, but she backflipped over him and literally stabbed him in the back.

"eraser!" both deku and i yelled simultaneously.

he pulled out his own knife but toga went away.

"are you okay, sir?" i asked looking at his injury. "im fine, get rock lock." he instructed. i nodded and ran over to rock lock, taking some gauze out of one of my first aid pouches, placing it on the wound and tightly wrapping it with some bandages.
he was unconscious.

a sudden yell was heard and the building went haywire. deku somehou figured out where mimic was, allowing aizawa to stop his quirk.

we tied him up and went on, leaving mimic to be taken back by the police.

"we have to move. lemillion may already be fighting now." i told midoriya, mirai, and aizawa. "our top priority is the girl. the police can stay behind with rock lock and mimic, we should go after chisaki."

we all ran forward and after a while we got to the wall. midoriya both blew through it with ease.

i ran to the girl and checked her for injuries. lemilkion was hurt bad and about to pass out.

mirai was also there, hugging lemilion.

"ligera, give mirio some energy, please. so he can make it out of this." he said. i looked at him, his eyes pleading me. i nodded and had him lay down lemilion on his back while aizawa and deku faught chisaki.

i placed both hands on his chest, taking some of my own energy and giving it to him.

i didn't regularly transfer energy, as it made me feel faint for a few minutes until my body got used to the sudden deficit, unless I'm in the sun, but luckily i could also steal energy if i ever were to touch someone for more than five seconds.

lemillion opened his eyes, and took a deep breath, cringing in pain as he did. he then sat up and thanked me. "you have to get eri out of here," i told the blonde boy, taking a small energy bar from one of my pockets.

he shakily got up and left with the girl and i quickly ate the energy bar.

i created a shield over the exit.