03

clinomania

ⁿᵒᵘⁿ
the excessive urge to stay in bed.
~

i guess when school finally started up again, i didn't want to leave my room. i enjoyed training all day, but i did absolutely not feel like learning about math again.

orientation was long and boring, we discussed work studies in class and yadda yadda. i didn't really focus, in all honesty.

i would probably do my work study with mirai of he'd give me the chance. maybe i'd go with gramps if he didn't.

i should really call them and ask.

~

i sat on the porch going through my contacts  untill i found it.

—————
MINA🧚🏻‍♀️🌷
—————
MIRAI👹🐸
—————
MOMO🦋🌼
—————

I clicked on the contact and held my phoone up to my ear.

it rang for a good five seconds until he picked it up.

"y/n, how are you?" he answered kindly. "hey, I'm doing good, what about you?" i replied crossing my legs and resting my elbows on my knees. "can't complain."

"mirai, i have a question for you, please take it into consideration.."

"I'm listening?"

"well, workstudies are coming up and.. i was wondering if you'd be willing to take me on as a student." i put out, anxiously waiting for a reply.

"maybe, is your father okay with this?" he asked, his voice demanding.

"since when has he ever really known about anything i do? he doesn't even know that i played volleyball in middle school, even though i made it my entire personality." i rolled my eyes as i complained.

"thats.. true. I'll take you on under one condition."

"really? what is it?" i pressed.

"you have to spend more time with your dad. and you have to tell me how you do that." he stated, causing me to grumble.

"no way!" i hissed, "he gives all of his fatherly love to his successor and his successor's rival. for all i know he doesn't even remember I'm his kid."

"y/n." he demanded.

i kept quiet.

"do it for me and sorahiko." he requested and my shell cracked. "fine. for you and gramps."

~

that was easier said than done. i did not want to do this.

both midoriya and bakugou were back in classes even though i enjoyed their constant fighting to be still for three days.

the issue was that i sat between the two. midoriya in front of me, bakugou behind me. so, if they started to quarrel at all, i had to deal with being in between them. it was like this all year long. and it sucked.

i followed them both to some room near the teachers lounge during lunch. bakugou was really getting irritated by me walking with them and gave me a lovely death glare or three.

when we entered the room, my dad was sitting there with a cup of tea, and there were only two extras. his face looked sort of.. nervous when he saw me, which i kind of took as an insult.

i knew i should have stayed in bed today.

bakugou forced me to sit in between him and midoriya, when i was perfectly fine with sitting on the floor instead.

"im sorry, y/n. i didn't bring you a tea cup." he said awkwardly.

i shrugged and got a juicebox from my lunchbox, "its fine. i hate tea anyway."

"oh.. right.."

i didnt hate  tea. neither did i adore it. i would drink it if it were offered, though. but i did have orange juice.

"all might, I've been thinking, wherw should i do my workstudy?" midoriya pondered, sipping his tea. bakugou seemed to be irked by this and looked away with an angry expression, agressively slurping his tea.

"i don't know," dad said, and thought for a moment, then he looked at me. "where are you thinking of going, y/n?"

i pursed my lips, "i have already reserved me a spot at mirai's." i recalled, thinking  of the phone call a week ago. i felt bakugou's eyes on me.

dad looked confused. "how did you do that?"

my face hardened and i scowled daggers into his eyes. "unlike you, i keep in contact with the people who care about me." i seethed, standing up and walking out of the room.

how was i supposed to mend my relationship with my father if he didn't even care to acknowledge who my caretakers were and the fact that i am close with them? a daughter should not have to beg her father for a relationship. neither should she have to mend one without having the closure as to why he emotionally neglected her.

i sighed to myself and sat down at an empty lunch table, munching on a rice-ball.

being like this, being my father's little secret sucks. i can't talk about it woth anyone. i wouldn't dare putting my dumb problems on mirai or gramps' backs, they have much bigger problems to worry about.

it's like you're screaming and no one can hear you.

~

i sat in my room, reading some book (a romance novel) and listening some soft music in the background. my sunset lamp was on and the actual sunset through the large sliding door gave my room a pretty coral hue and a nice breeze was rocking my curtains when someone aggravatedly burst through my door.

"what the fuck, lightsaber?!"

"hello to you too, bakugou." i said, unfazed by his dramatic entrance, then i looked up to meet his eyes, "and lightsaber? really? do i look like luke skywalker?"

he huffed through his nose and stomped over to me. "you're his kid?!" he growled, towering over me. i stood up, almost meeting his height. he was an inch and a half taller than me, maybe two.

"whose kid?" i asked, playing dumb.

"don't play dumb! you're all mights kid!" he whisper-yelled the last sentence, which i was thankful for. "did he tell you that?" i asked pulling my sliding door shut and putting on my air diffuser, giving a nice delicate rose scent to my room.

"he did!"

i closed the door and had bakugou sit down on my bed while i sat down on my desk chair.

"alright, and how does this make you feel?" i asked condescendingly, like a really bad therapist.

bakugou gritted his teeth in anger and leapt up from my bed and marching out while muttering insults and profanity.

i waved him off from my door with a smile.

jirou, who was just entering her room, let out a bark of laughter at seeing this.