11

resplendent

ᵃᵈʲᵉᶜᵗⁱᵛᵉ
shining brightly
~

since elementary school, i had always hated drills. they were meaningless and wasted time. unless, of course, a UA villain drill. i mean, it wasted time, yes, but i could have fun being a hero while doing so.

mock villains have infiltrated ground beta, and i was on the combat team, helping fighting amajiki and hado. they were playing the villains.

i watched as my classmates distracted hado and took my opportunity to zoom in. i placed my hands on her shoulders and snatched some of her energy. i gently caught her when she fell from the sudden loss of energy.

"hey.. no fair.." she said weakly as i used some or sero's tape to restrain her. "sorry, hado." i said awkwardly

bakugou took out amajiki, and a buzzer went off, signaling that we won.

i handed hado an energy bar, but kept her energy. it was mine now.

~

after school, i begged my dad to let me leave campus to go to the mall, as i needed some new clothes and personal items. he let me go, under the condition that my phone's location was on.

i dressed in a cute outfit,

and then i headed out.

as i was walking paying at a store, i saw a small woman struggling to carry all of her groceries.

i thanked the cashier and walked towards the woman. "I'm sorry, may I help you with your groceries?" i asked her. she looked up at me with an expression as if she were about to cry. "please!" she put out, and i took all but one of her grocery bags.

"thank you so much, sweetie." she said.

the woman held some familiarity for some reason, i couldn't necessarily put my finger on it, though.

she had a short, yet plump figure, sporting a light pink jersey with a cool grey pencil skirt. she had deep green coloured hair that was tied up into a half-up bun.

"would you help me carry them home? i live just up the street." she saif shyly. "of course, ma'am." i said with a smile, creating energy bubbles around all of the grocery bags and floating them around us. i kept my own two bags of items slung around my arm, to be sure that i didn't accidentally take one of the lady's bags.

"thank you so much, deary." she warmly smiled at me.

the air around her was homey and comfortable. she seemed to have that motherly attitude, which i craved greatly for my entire life.

we walked up the street, and she was telling me about her son, and how he was in ua too.

" you must be proud, ma'am." i stated. the woman nodded, "i am. but I'm also really worried for him." she admitted, placing a lock of hair behind her ear.

"well, i'm sure he'll be fine," i stated as we entered her home. i quickly took off my shoes and floated the lady's belongings to her kitchen, neatly placing them all on the dining table.

"thank you for letting me assist you," i said, bowing to the woman. she grinned, "thanks for helping me, deary." she said.

i quickly slid back into my shoes and flew back to UA, enjoying the coral magenta hues of the sunset.

it was only when i arrived back at the dorm when i realized that the lady and i never exchanged names. she didn't mention her son's name either, so i had no way of tracking her down.

i really liked her, she was very serene and kind. likely someone who i'd like to meet again.

"hey! where were you!?"

i was snapped from my happiness by bakugou. i groaned, irking the boy even more. "tell me!!" he snarled.

i rolled my eyes atbuim and held up my bags of items. "i went shopping. some essentials. " i said.

he looked at my bags and grabbed one, pulling out a tube of lip oil. "essentials, huh?" he looked at me with a disappointed look.

i grabbed my stuff back from him, glaring into his soul. "I'm still a girl who likes feeling pretty." i muttered, stomping away from him.

i almost walked right into midoriya on my way to the elevator. he awkwardly stepped around me and quickly went to his friends.

weird.