14

meraki

ᵛᵉʳᵇ
to do something with soul, love and creativity. to put a piece of yourself into your work.
~

I've always trained and done anything to do with heroes with heart. being a hero was my biggest dream, and it was as if i was just made to be one.

I've never skipped out on training, nor will i ever.

maybe it was because both of my parents were heroes, so it was woven into my genetic code. maybe it was because i found nothing more inspiring than heroes. hell, maybe i subconsciously just wanted to be better than my dad.

but i knew that being a hero was perfect for me.

mirko seemed to think so too, and immediately took me on. her agency was just in the neighboring city, about an hour train ride south.

we immediately started with patrols and such, she was the most amazing hero i have met and immediately had me call her by her first name if we weren't in the field.

for that, i had her call me by my first name.

"left!" rumi yelled as asami zipped around the giant villain. i went to the back of the villain and slammed my armoued legs into the back of his head as hard as i could. it knocked him out cold and he harshly fell on the ground.

i landed next to rumi, looking at the unconscious villain with a smile. "did i do good?" i asked the shorter woman. "hell yeah, you did." she praised patting my back.

the police came and collected the villain and we left.

as we were walking down the street, rumi suggested to get yakitori, and both asami anf i were all in.

after getting food, asami and i went home, as we had school the next day.

~

"endeavor? both of you? its a great opportunity." dad said to midoriya.

"i just don't know what to do with my one for all training." the greenette stated, sounding unsure. "i suggest you just go on as you are now. everything is running smoothly.

"where are you going, y/n?" midoriya asked, even before i could say anything. "oh, im going to mirko's agency." i stated.

did he just call me by my first name?

"the top female hero. thats great news." dad praised.

~

as i was out on patrol with asami, we chatted as we flew through the air, keeping a lookout for any funky activity.

it was when we rounded the corner when we saw hawks speaking to rumi about some little red book in his hand.

i flew down and landed next to rumi, listening in.

"at least read the highlighted lines. i recommend the second part, read them closely. bye-bye now." he said and spread his wings, flying off.

rumi looked conflicted, looking at the book as if it just killed a puppy.

"what was that about?" asami asked, peeping over rumi's shoulder at the book.

she looked at us, "lets get back to the agency. we need to take a look at this book."

when we got to rumi's office, i immediately plopped down on a giant red beanbag. "whats so important about that little book?" i asked, whipping out my phone and snapping a pic of asami as she was about to sneeze.

"i don't know, but bird man wasn't sounding like himself." she replied, opening the book and beginning to scan through it. "he even made serious eyes at me for some reason."

rumi read over the highlighted parts over and over for a good ten minutes, but she found no code.

"at least read the highlighted lines. i recommend the second part,"

i got an idea. "the second part." i breathed, getting up and walking over to her desk, taking the book. i scanned over the highlighted parts and then i turned the pages back to where it began, only looking at the second kanjinin every highlighted line.

i took a clean sheet of paper and a pen, beginning to write,

the enemy is the liberation army
they number over 100 000
in 4 months
to action
before that, I'll send a signal
in case of failure we'll need more manpower

my stomach sunk at what i just wrote down and handed the paper to rumi.

"my god." she breathed, placing a hand over her mouth.

we, as workstudy kids, were insurance. the crime of japan would rest on our backs if the pro's were to fail. the fact that the hero comission even thought this made me sick.

"y/n. how fast can you fly to musutafu?"

"i can fly just over the speed of sound if i were to use my top speed. so.. maybe in five minutes?" i said shakily.

rumi folded up the piece of paper and placed it in one of my pockets. "go notify endeavor. chances are that hawks already told the hero commission by the sound of his message." she said

"make sure not to tell anyone about this. we don't want word getting out that we know."

i nodded and took off through the window, in the direction of musutafu. i broke the sound barrier within milliseconds of being in the air.

i got there in just over five minutes, running into the building as fast as i could, even though i could barely see straight. i ran past people talking to me and asking me questions, ignoring them completely.

then, i burst through the doors abruptly.

endeavor was about to sit down in his chair, the little red book neatly placed on his desk.

i closed the door behind me and jogged iver to him, speaking in a very soft tone, "mirko sends this. its the code hidden in the book."

he read through it  and handed the sheet of paper back to me. "thank you..." he waited for me to say my name. "ligera." i said calmly. "thank you, ligera." he repeated, opening the door.

i noticed midoriya and the other two standing off to the side. i went to greet them, "heyo," i said to them, placing a hand on bakugo's shoulder and stealing some of his energy.

"you hoe! don't steal my energy!" he yelled, shoving my hand off of him. "no fair! you steal from my fridge!" i argued.

i focussed some heat energy into the hand holding the sheet of paper with the message, burning it up into ash. I placed the ash into a  forcefield bubble and threw it in a bin nearby.

war was upon us.