1 - Lost

This chapter contains mentioning of uncomfortable situations including s3xual harassment.

─────────────────────────

DIVINE'S POV

I could only feel my heart beating heavily whenever I speed up the pace of my running.

It wasn't too difficult to turn my head around, although it was too terrifying to see both of my parents who were trying to catch on me. My master, who holding an empty glass of bottle while the other woman was carrying a knife.

What a normal day if you can't tell.

"GET BACK HERE YOU SL--!" The woman's feminine voice usually scares me everytime. However, I cannot focus on her yells right now.

The more I go faster, the quicker my crying sweats race down on my dry skin. The electric waves of exhaustion had already covered my whole body, but I didn't give up.

Do you know that if you get chased by some random people who's there trying to murder you? Or a humongous wild animal who wanted to eat your body? Then you'll loose lots of fats from running a mile of 20 kilometers. At least, if you don't get injured.

But everything seems impossible to me, which is why you'll be seeing me surrender myself if I don't succeed on my plan.

But still I kept running until I eventually, surprisingly and shockingly lost them which was also not a part of the plan, but it came as a success at the end. Just wow.

Unfortunately, I don't know where I am. I'm not sure but I think when people are in this situation, they call themselves 'lost'. I don't have anywhere to stay in which I had forgotten myself to plan, but everything that happened was also worth a shot. They would've tortured me to death if I had remained.

I looked around my surroundings. The side of the streets were filled with colorful stores and some tall glass buildings. But the thing is, there's no people walking or cars on the streets. It was like a city that had been abandoned centuries ago.

Probably because it was evening, but I don't think it was that late at night. I stayed in the dark areas and kept on strolling.

✩✩✩

"Ow!" I yelped in pain, stopping me from my walk. Both of my feet started swelling badly so I sat on the ground of stone. I leaned my back to the glass of some store, it was closed so I was safe at my spot for now.

But now, I think I won't be dying peacefully from this stress that I'm dealing. I checked both of my foot below and there showed up some visible scratches.

Is it because of the chase or when I was walking? It could be both but I only shrugged it. I really needed help and unfortunately, it was still night time.

Everybody might be asleep now and I'm too late to save myself. Yet, there's something that is urging me on what to do. Stay in a house. I can't just break into a random stranger's house or they'll think I'm robbing them. Well, I might do that for the foods only.

Since I couldn't do anything, I had no choice but to stand up from the freezing ground. Although it will hurt bad, I need to find somewhere I could stay in.

I slowly walked, trying not to add any more scratches. I felt another tingle of stress and I felt like passing out.

Oh, I wish I could die fast so I don't have to feel pain anymore.

It hurts, but I kept walking. Until I found another pathway.

As I examine the place, the atmosphere was as dark as the void and the tension was more like a horror themed one. Is that what people call an alleyway? Because from my point of view, it clearly looks like one.