"just for today, you don't have to be strong."

Javi opened the door for you while you carried out the warm pie tin. It was wrapped up in a patted cover so it wouldn't burn you and keep the heat in. He walked you down the dimly lit hallway and down the concrete stairs with a old metal railing to outside the small wooden door standing in your way, which he made quick work of opening that too. He told you to wait for him so he could pull the car around. While you waited you went though your purse and pulled out a circular compact mirror and looked at the welts on your neck. They where a dark pink, but the makeup you had put over it made it a lot less noticeable than it was before. You walked outside and javi got out of his car to let you in the other side. He had a much larger grin on his face and his skin glowed, his gloomy complexion was colorful and dare you say, happy. "You're in a good mood." He pulled his sunglasses from his nose and gave you a smirk, "you know why." You returned his look and looked over to watch the buildings roll by. The warm pie in your lap was soothing, its weight and hotness in your lap was a familiar comforting feeling. Javi had once had a rough day from work, when he came back you made him dinner but all he wanted to do was lay on your lap. So, you helped him to your bed, you changed and helped him change. It was hard because he had done fieldwork that day so he was covered in bumps and scratches. And he rested his head on your stomach, his arms wrapped around your waist and butt, feeling the warmth of your body calmed him. You would stroke his hair and hum him familiar tunes you'd hear on the radio. It was a blissful feeling, and having the warmth and weight of the pie dish reminded you of that. You opened the Glove compartment in javis car and started to rustle around for some of his mixtapes. a gun, condoms, sunglasses case, insurance for his car, a lot of unlabeled mixtapes, gauze, a few bandaids and some gum wrappers. You grabbed a few of the mixtapes and started to look though them. "How do you know which ones which?" He looked over at you then back at the road, "I don't, just pick one." You shrugged and picked one. It was scratched on the top but the black coils inside where safe. You put it into his consul and he pressed a button that sucked it into the car. "The kinks, good pick." You looked over at him, "I didn't pick it.", "sure you did." You grinned at him, his hand held onto yours, his fingers moved to the beat of the music, he hummed to him self. You put the other tapes back in the compartment and closed it.

"Where about to pull in." You scooted more up into your seat and watched javi turn sharply into a small street next to you. Your body jerked when he slammed on the brakes. You cut your eyes at him and he just grinned at you. He got out of his seat and walked to your side and opened the door for you and unbuckled your seat belt. He took the pie dish from your lap and held it in one of his hand while his other helped you out of his car. You closed the door behind you and held the dish in your hand and he walked you to their apartment. Theirs was a lot nicer, and a lot bigger. "Wow, nice set up they have." Javi guided you by your waist though the door. "This is one of the government living spaces they provide when you come down here." You roses a eyebrow, "why don't you have on, why don't I have one." He looked down at you, "well because you're not DEA, yet. And I prefer to live somewhere that isn't so crowded." You stopped for a moment, "so, after I get signed with your department I can move down here?" He nodded, you thought about it. Your apartment now was small and cozy but it did have a lot of problems. One of your oven cook tops didn't work, the fridge would cut out at least once a week for about a hour, the light fixture in your bathroom would sputter out if you showered for too long. Javi found that out the hard way last time you where in there together. "You know, I think I might wanna come down here." He stopped and looked at you, "really? And ditch me?" He sucked in air though his teeth and placed his hand to his heart. "I'm devastated." You rolled your eyes. "Well think about it this way, I'm closer to work, I'm sure the living spaces are much nicer, hell I might even have my own washer. You should consider it" he rolled his eyes, "the walls are probably thicker," you leaned close to his ear, "that means we can be louder." He sucked in a deep breath and shook his head and smiled, "you're right." You smiled. Javi led you to the elevator and pressed open of the buttons, you both stood side by side and watched the numbers slowly go up. "Plus there's a pool, it's like a hotel." He shook his head, "ok I get the idea. I'll think about it." You grinned and the elevator came to a stop. The doors Opened and you both walked out. He led the way as you followed him to one of the doors, he knocked gently on it and you both waited. He knocked again more hard this time and the sound of foot steps grew louder then the click of the door. "Javi, nice to see you." Steve greeted you both and let you inside, Steve took the pie dish from your hands and brought it inside and shut the door behind him with his feet. Their apartment was quite large. A lot of windows and a walk out balcony with a nice view. Big couch pushed up against the wall and a small table with a few chairs surrounding it. Lots of house plants accented the place. You walked out of the hallway and Connie was setting the table. She walked up to you both and greeted javi and you. "I brought dessert, apple pie." She gasped, "thank you so much." You both exchanged smiled and you help Connie set up the table. Steve poured javi a drink and they sat down on the couch. "Don't get too comfortable you two. Dinners about to be out." Steve got up and went to the oven to pull out the pan of baked Mac and cheese. He set it on top of the oven to let it cool, you looked over your shoulder to admire it's golden brown cover and rich smell. "We're having steaks, baked Mac and I also satuèd some potatoes with rosemary." Your mouth watered as Connie plated everything. The Mac and cheese Made a crunch as she took a large spoon and scooped it into a plate. "Do you mind setting this down at the table honey?" You nodded your head and took two of the plates and set them down in their according spots. Connie offered you a glass of wine which you gladly took while Javi and Steve sat across from each other on opposite sides of the table. Everything looked really good. You helped Connie turn off the oven and everything else and placed some pans in the sink before sitting down. "Dig in guys." You took your knife and cut into your steak. It was small but it was a good size. Considering you where going to go feral on the mac and cheese, you wanted to make plenty of room. You nearly cleaned your plate, but you saved the best for last. Your fork dug into the cheesy goodness and when you scooped it up it left strings of cheese behind it. You shoveled it in as politely as possible but there was no graceful way of doing it. "You've got a little something." Javi took his napkin and whipped your cheek. You gave him a soft smile and went back to eating. "When do you think you're going to transfer?" You looked up at Steve and swallowed, you had too much in your mouth so when you swallowed it hurt. You whipped your mouth. "Sometime this week. I'm on medical leave right now. But when i go back I'm going to be on watch." Connie looked over at you, "what for?" You, Javi and Steve looked at each other. "Well I-" you where cut off, "she fell. Passed out during a meeting and hit her head." Steve bugged in, Connie nodded, "I'm sorry, you should drink more water Hun." You smiled and nodded, you took a sip of your drink and shot javi a look.