二十四: The Uncertain Promise

When the initial shock was gone, after a rush of tears down his cheeks, Junkyu stood up and wiped his face. He looked around- the lifeless apartment with his stuff carefully put together. There was no wonder that Jihoon planned it all. And it had been quite a few days. Junkyu walked to the door. As expected, it was closed. Locked. But Junkyu found a way soon. He closed his eyes and imagined himself on the same rooftop he had visited with Jihoon a few times. He concentrated hard until a blur of images flew past him. He felt himself float, and then concrete under his feet again. He had landed safely on the rooftop.

Junkyu cheered a little. He had gotten so used to travelling! He quickly walked down all the stairs and reached the ground. Good thing he didn't teleport in the middle of the road because damn was it busy! He checked his pocket. Lately he always brought cash along since his card doesn't work here. Luckily, he had a fair amount of cash with him which spared him of the burden to summon them again. Junkyu made a walk towards the bus stop. He had a few places in mind, but his first choice was Jihoon's university. Since it had been a few days and Jihoon was really, really lagging behind, there was a high possibility that he wouldn't miss one more class- unless he doesn't care about his career anymore. Which is unlikely because the only reason Jihoon would do that would be for Junkyu. But Jihoon abandoned the guy himself, so the only way to keep him busy would be with studies.

Junkyu remembered the long tour in Jihoon's university. He wasn't the brightest, but in need, he could picture the tour pretty well. Reaching the university, he was quick to locate the great library, Jihoon's department building, the departmental cafeteria and all. Since he had no idea about the elder's schedules, he decided to wait- in a spot he knew he'd find Jihoon- right outside his department. Junkyu hid himself well because he knew Jihoon wouldn't wanna meet him at all. He chose to stand behind the bushes; it was damn uncomfy but he did what was needed to be done. His priority was to find Jihoon after all.

Junkyu stood there for hours. People who saw him gave him weird glances, his legs started to hurt, bugs disturbed him all along and even his face got red due to the heat from the sun. Junkyu started losing confidence. Did Jihoon actually stop coming to the SNU? Was he that eager to get rid of Junkyu? Would they never meet? Or should Junkyu check some other place? Like Busan? Junkyu felt his stomach fall- he hadn't eaten anything in hours! Even so, his priority was to catch the last train to Busan if he fails to locate Jihoon by the end of the evening. He forgot about eating, drinking and even the constant invasion of bugs. He focused on the exit. And his effort paid off in less than an hour.

He saw Jihoon, his Jihoon, walk out of the department with a crestfallen face. The other person accompanying him, the short guy named Hyunsuk was saying something to him, but Jihoon didn't look interested. Junkyu didn't want to flatter himself, but in his head, he started to believe that Jihoon wasn't okay without him. And it gave him a surge of happiness. He felt blesses. And all the waiting in pain was gone- he only saw the love of his life.

Junkyu walked out of the bushes. His skin was red and itchy, but he ran. It was too late when Jihoon looked up hearing his footsteps. He couldn't react, Junkyu jumped on him for a hug before that.

"I thought I lost you, you asshole!" Junkyu said in Jihoon's neck, who still couldn't figure out what happened. Junkyu started sprouting whatever, and it was Hyunsuk who first uttered something.

"What are you doing here, Junkyu??"

Right. Junkyu. It was Junkyu. Jihoon's heart did a leap. Was it from fear or happiness? He let the younger off the hug.

"Kyu??" He asked with a twisted face. Junkyu was smiling. He looked gorgeous. He was saying something but Jihoon couldn't fathom anything. He was lost. He thought he won't ever meet Junkyu but-