七: To the Stars

As he was folding the clean clothes, Jihoon sighed once again watching Junkyu spend the entire evening playing some stupid online game. It was an off day for Junkyu, after working for about a week. Junkyu wanted to work even on his weekly holiday for the extra cash, but Jihoon insisted that it would strain him even more. Junkyu Listened. And since he got the much awaited off day, Jihoon wanted him to do something productive, if not then rest, but not to spend hours playing games!

"What? No!" Junkyu giggled, "Take him down!" Jihoon was beyond annoyed. Not only was Junkyu highly addicted to it, but also super loud! .

"Junkyu, lower your volume!" Jihoon said in a stern, non aggressive way. Junkyu bowed in apology, speaking the next few words in whispers. But he eventually lost focus, being as loud as before.

"Kim Junkyu, there are people next door, they'll come complain!" Jihoon spoke again, dropping the sweatpants he was folding in anger. Junkyu had been like this for the last few days. As he made some friends, he started taking advantage of that by playing games together, eating lunch together, chatting, texting over phone and whatnot. It's not like Jihoon wanted to meddle with that, but shouldn't Junkyu be focusing on how to get back to his place fast?

"Right, sorry..." Junkyu apologized. Jihoon rolled his eyes. "When will you be done?" He asked. Junkyu gestured that he'd only take a few more minutes. Jihoon didn't believe him, rightfully so, because Junkyu stopped after almost an hour. Jihoon had already sat across from his table to study. To grab his attention, Junkyu called him.

"Jihoon ah, are you studying?"

Jihoon turned. There was no doubt that he was very annoyed. Junkyu gulped before chuckling, "Nothing! Go back to studying, I'll just-"

"What are you gonna do now?" Jihoon asked quite bluntly. Junkyu shrugged, "I don't know... Maybe use my phone?"

"Don't you think you should rest well, huh? What's so important about the game? You always play that on weekdays!"

"I'm resting, really!" Junkyu assured him, "Just playing games in my free time, you know, to boost my energy!"

"Seriously?" Jihoon looked bothered, "I really don't get you guys! Like who'd waste whole three hours playing these lame games with you!?"

Junkyu grinned, "You don't know, Jihoon ah! There are so many pro gamers among the waiters! I'm usually used to playing with lower rank players but Hwanie is on the same level as me! It makes playing so much more fun!"

"Hwanie? Junghwan?" Jihoon snorted in disbelief, "Really? That high schooler?" Junghwan, one of Junkyu's colleagues from the afternoon shift- Jihoon got to know about all the workers close with Junkyu in the first few days as the latter wouldn't shut up about how awesome they are! Among the names he heard the most, Jaehyuk and Junghwan definitely take the top spots. And Jihoon hated them.

"Yes! Hwanie's so cool! You can't even imagine!" Junkyu excitedly said.

"Junkyu, you're like- on your twenties! How can you be friends with a high schooler?" Jihoon said, "I mean, yeah you can be close, but playing the same games? What are you? A kid?"

Junkyu frowned a little, "Why? What's wrong if I do?"

Jihoon turned to face Junkyu completely. With a serious look on his face, he said, "You can't trust a high schooler, Junkyu. They're emotional, naive, and- they think the world would work as per their wish. But it doesn't, right? And when it happens, they do something reckless- something that will eventually hurt you."

Junkyu blinked a few times as Jihoon was talking. When he realized that Jihoon expected a response from him, he said, "I'm just playing games with him, Jihoon ah, I'm not sharing my secrets with him."