十: A Tiny Error

Jihoon discovered the fact that Junkyu had been quite down lately not so long ago. It happened first when one night, picking him up from work, Jihoon felt a lack of the usual glow radiating from the bubbly guy he knew. Of course, he asked about it; Junkyu answered that he just had a long day. Skeptical, Jihoon accepted it that moment. But the same repeated for three consecutive nights and each time, it worsened. So Jihoon had no choice but to ask again.

"Junkyu, you clearly ain't okay. If you don't tell me the reason, how can I rest assured, hm?" He asked, in the most sincere voice he knew of. Junkyu just sighed. They were walking back home after a normal working day. Junkyu was definitely tired, but it was not the tiredness in him acting. Jihoon knew it well.

"It's nothing." Junkyu answered.

"No it's not." Jihoon said, "Why aren't you telling me? Is it something that you're scared of sharing with me? I promise, I won't react."

"It's not like that, Jihoon." Junkyu said, "It's nothing much, really. Forget it."

"It kept you sad for three whole days, Junkyu." Jihoon stated. Junkyu sighed in reply.

"Junkyu?" Jihoon held his hand, "Please?"

"Not now Jihoonie." Junkyu said in defeat, "I don't wanna think about it."

"But you gotta tell me! It's affecting you."

"I will. I promise." Junkyu said, "When I'm ready."

"And when's that?" Jihoon asked.

"When we're not on the road, walking." Junkyu replied. Jihoon narrowed his eyes, "Promise?" Junkyu nodded.

"Okay, I'll wait then." Jihoon said, then stopping for a moment, added, "You know I'm worried about you, right?"

Junkyu let out a chuckle. He did. That's why he was scared to admit that he was the sole reason behind all the mess. It's his little mistake that lead to what he was facing. But he knew if anyone can help him, comfort him even a little, that's Jihoon. Therefore, he decided to face his action by coming clean to his saviour that night.

They got back home, took a shower in turns. Jihoon warmed up some leftover dinner from last night and they ate happily. Since that night Jihoon had a terrible nightmare, they had been sleeping next to each other. It's been a few days they stopped asking. It was an unsigned pact between them, that Junkyu would slide next to Jihoon on the left side bed that's barely able to host two big guys as them. They still made space for each other, only to be hugging afterwards. Junkyu feared that Jihoon hated him for being gay, but there he was, giving a gay guy everything to fall for.

That night, however, Jihoon didn't forget the promise. So when they had nothing left to do, he asked about the truth, "Junkyu, can you tell me now? What happened? What made you so sad?"

He heard an almost inaudible 'hm'. He heard Junkyu take a deep breath. And then, the younger spoke, "Jihoon, do you remember that a few days ago, we had that dinner party?"

"Of course. The owner treated you all to dinner." Said Jihoon.

"Yeah. And I came home drunk, right?" Junkyu asked. Jihoon agreed to this one too.

"Before that, we played a game." He said. Jihoon listened as he kept talking, "Just a game of truth and dare. I've probably told you- they asked if I have a lover or not."

"Yeah, you said you didn't answer."

"Well, I actually did." Junkyu said, "I mean, I said yes. That I do have a boyfriend. Then they asked me more. To show his picture, to introduce him to them, invite him over some day-" Junkyu stopped for a moment, "I said that Yoshi is not here."