八: Dollops of Dreams

"So you saw... Me?" Jihoon asked, quite astonished at Junkyu's explanation, "You didn't even know me, how did you dream of someone you've never met?"

"I don't know..." Junkyu said, "All I know is that I found you in the depth of my despair- you were there, where I've always wanted to go. It makes no sense, Jihoon ah. It could have been anyone else, anyone close to me, but it was you. Maybe that's why.. I'm here."

Jihoon had already crossed his brows. Stopping Junkyu from talking anymore, he said, "Wait, let me get this straight. So the night you came here- you said you had a dream, right?"

"Mm."

"About me?"

"Well, yeah. I was running and searching for a way, and then I met you."

"Why?" Jihoon asked, confused.

"I don't know, really. I've been having this dream since I was a kid- that I'd run and run until I fall down on my knees. It always felt like I was looking for someone, but there was no one until you reached out." Junkyu said.

"But why me? That's- totally weird! Why would you dream about something like this, and why, out of all people, I'm the one you found?! We don't have anything to do with each other, do we? We're- we're even of the same gender!"

Junkyu looked down. He wished he had an answer. He wished he could be as surprised as Jihoon that they were both guys. He wished he could voice out that there's nothing wrong for two guys to have a connection between.

"Junkyu?" Jihoon called a while later. The younger listened half heartedly. Jihoon didn't notice the slight change in the air, so he kept talking normally, "You teleported through a dream, right? What if... You can go back just the same way? Have you thought about it?"

"Go back the same way? How?" Junkyu asked, as he didn't quite catch the hint.

"Let's say, you wanna go back to the place you ran away from. Let's say.. someone from that side takes you in- don't you have someone special there?" Jihoon excitedly said. Even a few weeks ago, no one would have thought that the pragmatic Jihoon would be talking about something so unreal. Yet, there he was, all eager to send the clueless, innocent boy home.

"I have... Mum and dad, and Jeongwoo and-"

"Yoshi, yes." Jihoon said, "I know. But don't you have like a- a lover?"

"I... Don't." Junkyu said, once again, head down."

"That's a bummer." Jihoon said, "If their connections were strong, you would've been gone by now."

"Jihoon ah," Junkyu said, "I don't think it works that way. I mean, I can't control my dreams, can I?"

"Right..." Jihoon sighed in frustration, "Only if you knew... Imagine, you would be able to go anywhere! That's so cool!!"

Junkyu sighed too, "Right now, I don't wanna be cool or anything, I just wanna go home." Jihoon turned to look at the tall boy because of his sorrowful tone. In truth, he felt sympathetic. Hence, he scooted closer, and with a bright smile, said, "Hey, if you go back, I bet you're gonna miss me!"

Junkyu let out a small smile in reply, "Yeah, I guess so too."

"Then? I know you won't be able to reach out to me, so why don't you keep some souvenir?" Asked Jihoon. Junkyu asked in curiousity, "What souvenir?"

Jihoon grinned, "Do you have your phone with you?" Junkyu nodded. He brought out his phone, unlocked it and gave it to Jihoon's extended palm.

"Alright, let's take a selfie together." Jihoon suddenly grabbed Junkyu in an arm lock. A bit frustrated, a bit happy, Junkyu smiled at the camera. With the cold night around, they took their first selfie on the rooftop. Among all the frustrating negativity, perhaps the picture was a tiny ray of light. Junkyu loved it. And Jihoon too, because once they returned to the room, Jihoon asked for the picture. Junkyu was already heading for showering, so, he threw his phone at Jihoon, shouting out his PIN code, "1505".