十六: Heart Wants What It Wants

Jeongwoo did not expect to see his cousin Junkyu looking at a stuffed toy with eyes filled with laser. He initially came to visit his cousin, maybe talk about some ongoing issues in his life and whatnot. He could have seen Junkyu sleeping, wasting time, gaming but never sitting on the bed with his knees bent and staring the life out of an innocent stuffed dolphin. He was so concentrated in chanting whatever mantra in his mind that the obvious calls from Jeongwoo didn't faze him. This didn't discourage the younger though. Like a naughty kid, he went to the doll to kick it all the way to the ground, earning a loud gasp of complaint from Junkyu.

"I was halfway there!!" Junkyu whined. Jeongwoo didn't care, he plopped down on the soft mattress of the bed, saying, "Halfway what? Worshiping??"

Junkyu groaned in response. He got down the bed and picked the doll up. He was dying to get back to whatever he was doing, but decided to give it a rest since Jeongwoo was there, looking like he needed someone to talk to.

"What happened?" He asked his adored little cousin. Jeongwoo covered his eyes with an arm, sighing, "He keeps confusing me, hyung!"

"Mashiho?" Junkyu asked. Jeongwoo nodded, "One minute I think he's interested in me, but then he acts like he doesn't even care! This is so frustrating!"

Junkyu suppressed a chuckle. Jeongwoo had been in love with a cute Japanese guy from his school for two years almost. According to his actions, the Japanese also really fancied the younger, but for some reason, he liked to play in the dark. Poor Jeongwoo did not believe in those subtle hints though. He kept whining and complaining about the obvious.

"What did he do this time?" Junkyu sat next to his cousin. Jeongwoo sat up too, taking out his phone. He opened the chat box of him and Mashiho where the latter had sent flirtatious texts following with a 'going out with sahi to eat.'

"What's wrong?" Junkyu asked.

"He's going out, hyung! With that Asahi guy!" Jeongwoo said.

"And?" Junkyu was slightly confused.

"And?? Don't you know what people keep saying about them? They look like lovers already."

Junkyu chuckled, "Woo, you and I both know they're just besties."

"That's what he tells me, yes." Jeongwoo said anxiously, "What if it's not true? What if they're really in love, and I'm just..."

"You're just what?"

"I don't know... A time pass?" Jeongwoo sighed. Junkyu felt bad for his cousin, so he hugged the latter's broad frame.

"Hey, who'd play with you, hm? My little brother is the most handsome out there." He pulled Jeongwoo's cheeks, saying, "Why don't you just say it to him, Woo?"

"Say what?"

"That you like him." Junkyu said.

"Ohho!" Jeongwoo exclaimed, "Tell me how long Yoshi hyung took to confess to you, hm? These things take time! And I can't possibly ask him out without knowing that he likes me too?"

Junkyu didn't want to be hung up on the mention of Yoshi, like he really wanted to focus on Jeongwoo's problem, but he couldn't help it. The moment Jeongwoo talked about the confession from Yoshi, Junkyu felt sad. He had so many good memories with Yoshi, yet they all faded out to some other emerging emotions. He felt guilty. Mad at himself. So low to be playing with someone's feelings. Jeongwoo saw the change of expression on his cousin's face. He felt sympathetic.

"Hyung?" He called. Junkyu forced out a smile at that, "Hm?"

"You two are fighting, right?" Asked Junkyu's little cousin.