十三: Ocean-Like

Junkyu found himself in a green field. At first glance it looked nice. The sky was a tamed shade of blue, humid chilly breeze made it quite soothing to the skin. Junkyu decided to take a seat. He was supposed to go somewhere, but there was no rush. He can take a break. He had become quite exhausted from running all along.

The grass should have poked him as they were grown to be quite tall; but they did not. They seemed hard though. Like a hard mattress you're sleeping on. And they smelled like... The sea.

Junkyu sat up, after spending a long time resting. His head free from thoughts, of people and things. It's as if he belonged there. To the vastness of the beautiful yet barren meadow.

He started walking. There was nothing to follow, no sense of direction. He walked where his feet took him. It would have been nice to hear some birds chirping. But all he heard were sprouts of words he could not process. The voice seemed so familiar though, like an old friend telling you about their day. Junkyu felt like the words were hugging him, occasionally pecking his skin. He felt them on his cheek, nose, lips. They felt nice.

Junkyu spot someone. Far far away. From that distance, they looked like a tiny dot. Unlike any other time, he did not rush to reach the person. He took his time, in a slow, smooth pace, he started getting closer and closer to whoever was waiting for him. It took him a thousand steps to realize that the person was a woman. A very very close one.

"Mom?" He called. His voice wasn't that loud, but she heard it from afar. Hence, she turned. Junkyu couldn't quite make her face, but she looked.. relieved.

"Oh Junkyu!" She came to hug her son.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" Junkyu asked, never before did he find her there. There only was one man before, one face. How did the face look like again?

"I'm here to take you home, of course!" She said, holding Junkyu's hand.

"But mom, I have to be... Somewhere." Junkyu protested.

"Where?" His mother asked, quite worried.

"I don't know, there was someone, waiting for me- he- he looked really lonely mom, I need to be there with him."

"Where is he then?" She asked, quite mad at her own son, "You don't need to be with him, let's go home." She tugged at Junkyu's hand, who still obstructed. 

"He'll be waiting for me, mom. He'll be sad if I don't go back."

"Junkyu, you can't." His mother said, "There's no going back to that place. It's dangerous."

"No it's not. It's rather fun!" Junkyu said. The woman sighed, she still had Junkyu's hand in a firm grip, "Who is he?"

"He's..." Junkyu felt blank. He could not remember the man, not even his name, not even his face. Just like every other dream of his, the face was a blur.

"What's his name?" Insisted Junkyu's mother.

"His name's..." Junkyu tried again. He had taken the name so many times, hadn't he? Why then in the time of need, he couldn't remember anything??

"Junkyu, how can you go back to someone you have no clue about?"

-

Junkyu woke up to a feeling of suffocation. It's like a large rock was kept on his chest, and his limbs were stretched to the maximum. The moment he opened his eyes, he breathed in, hard. He sat up with a jump, his head hurt so bad! It took him a few good seconds to adjust to the light coming out of the window.