Chapter 29

{A Few Weeks Later}

~Darius POV~

"Cya, later." Raine said to Alador and I.

"Before you guys go, Darius, can I talk to you in the other room?" Eda asked.

"Sure." I shrugged.

I followed her into the kitchen. She closed the door.

"Body swap." Eda stated.

"What?" I asked.

"Let's see whose life is worse. Mine or yours. Let's body swap." She answered.

"No." I told her.

"Too late!" She said then twirled her staff above us. "Body swap!"

A yellow light swirled around us then I was staring up at myself.

"Whatcha doing?" Porter asked, sipping some tea staring at us.

"Sh! We're swapping places for the day." Eda told him. "Don't tell Raine, Alador, or Eber. I want this to be genuine."

"Okay." Porter laughed. "Have fun."

Then he left, still laughing.

"Switch. Us. Back." I told her.

"Nope." Eda said. "In 12 hours I will though."

She then rushed off.

"I'm going to kill her." I muttered, pinching the bridge of my nose.

Raine came into the kitchen.

"What was that about, Eda?" They asked.

"I just had a question about abominations, that's all." I lied.

"Isn't Alador better than him with abominations? Like a lot better?" They asked.

Screw you. I know it's true but screw you.

"Yeah, but my question was about id abomination slime could be used for attire aside from jackets." I lied.

"Okay, that makes sense I guess." They shrugged.

So gullible.

"So, I've been practicing a new spell. I'm gonna grab my flute so I can show it to you!" Raine said then dashed from the room.

This is going to be a long 12 hours. Eber squeezed through the window and barked at me. He asked what was going on. Alador ran over and grabbed him.

"Sorry, Eda! Eber just kind of ran off!" He apologized before running off again.

I smirked and Raine came back into the room.

"Was that window open before?" They asked.

I shrugged.

{An Hour And A Half Later}

"Why can't I get this spell right?!" Raine shouted.

They've been trying with this spell and failing. It's kind of entertaining. Maybe I can make it the full 12 hours.

"Maybe a different instrument...hm...I'll be right back." They said.

They got up, kissed me, and left the room. I gagged. Raine is like a sibling to me. Oh, titan that was gross. Absolutely disgusting in every way. They think I'm Eda which makes it worse! Gross! Gross! Gross!

"Oh titan..." I gagged.

I take back what I said before. I don't think I can make it through the full 12 hours.