Chapter 3

{A Week Later}

~Eda POV~

Over the weekend I was forced by the principal to go to this stupid "Informing Future Witches of Tomorrow" or whatever the head witch of the plant coven renamed it. I met a kid from St. Epiderm while I was there. Raine Whispers. Because they lost their scholarship to St. Epiderm, they transferred to Hexside. I've been showing them around but school's out so we're just goofing off.

"Are you sure it's fine we're up here?" Raine asked as we climbed on to the roof of Hexside.

"It's fine as long as we're not seen...or we don't fall." I answered.

{10 Minutes Later}

I tossed a ball to Raine. They stumbled back and caught it.

"Nice catch!" I called over to them.

"I am very close to the edge of the roof!" Raine exclaimed.

I laughed.

"You really have no sense of danger." They told me.

"Nope!" I shouted.

They tossed the ball back to me.

"This weekend the moon will be in the perfect position for a moonlight conjuring." Raine noted. "Would you wanna do one?"

"Seriously? That's baby magic." I told them.

Thunderclapped overhead and it started to rain.

"Boiling rain!" I said.

I looked around for a place to wait for the storm to pass. The eyebell tower! Raine ran over to me and I pointed to the tower we ran over to it. I jumped over the wall into the tower. As Raine climbed over, they tripped over something and landed with a thud.

"Ow..." Raine muttered.

I started laughing.

"Are you okay?" Someone asked Raine causing me to stop laughing in surprise.

"Yeah. I'm okay." Raine answered.

I looked at the person who'd spoken before. Darius was laying on the eyebell tower floor with a book in his hand. He stood up and helped Raine up

"Darius, why are you in the eyebell tower?" I asked.

"I come up here to relax because, usually no one comes up here." He shrugged. "Why are you and your friend up here?"

"We were playing catch on the roof and the boiling rain started." I answered.

"I thought your only friend was your sister Lilith." Raine said.

"Hm? She is my only friend. Darius and I just know each other in passing. We've never really hung out." I explained.

Raine nodded slowly.

"Well, we're all stuck here until the storm clears so we might as well get to know each other." They said then looked to Darius. "I'm Raine Whispers. What's your name?"

"Darius Deammone." Darius replied. "You're the kid who recently transferred from St. Epiderm, right?"

"Yep." Raine said.

Everyone stayed silent, not really sure what to say.

"Okay." I broke the silence. "This is awkward. How about we try some ice breakers."

"Some what?" Raine and Darius asked.

"Ice breakers. Basically we pick an easy question and each of us answers. It's ually a question like favorite color or favorite band." I explained.