Prologue

Thank you for giving this book a chance, can be read as a stand alone but to have better reading experience, I'd recommend you read the first book, Faded.

English is not my forte so please make do with my blunders and errors.

I love you and enjoy ☺️☺️

He's running.
She's running.

Him from a broken heart, a betrayal and a pregnant ex fiance.

She from an abusive arranged marriage, a monstrous ex husband and a scarred past life.

What happens when their paths cross?
Will they mend each other's broken heart or will their past lead them to shatter the remaining fragments of their already broken hearts?

Join Sage and Alex in their Journey of love, betrayal, abuse and second chances.

"You're married"? I asked her with venom and pain lacing my voice

"I can explain. I...." She tries to come close to me and I move back cutting her off.

"There's nothing that needs explaining here, bloody hell Sage, you're married and you never told me"? She doesn't say anything just tears streaming down her face.

"Was it all a lie to you, everything we shared, did it mean nothing to you"? I ask trying to keep my emotions in check, she doesn't say anything and that breaks my heart into a million pieces, he was right, she is his "get out"!!!

She opens her mouth to oppose or say something but I just shoot her a glare and that's all it takes to have her scurrying out of my office choking down her sobs.

Please do not steal my book 😩😩