3- Duty

Kim takes him to a southern restaurant. Which is Pete's favorite because he always misses his hometown food. They sit down on a corner table. The view from the window is so beautiful. It's a dream come true for Pete. Kim ordered the food and it's lot.

Pete: Khun Kim…why you ordered so many food?

Kim: UMM…What I told you earlier?

Pete: sorry…Kim.

Kim: I know you miss your hometown food. And if you can't finish then pack it for you. You can eat later.

Pete: thanks.

Kim just smiled in one cheek. Pete's eating his food and enjoying it with his whole heart. The happiness is flourishing in his face. And Kim, he's just looking at the beauty in front of him without blinking his eyes.

Food is in Pete's mouth. Kim's smiling at Pete's face. Suddenly Pete noticed Kim and stopped eating.

Pete: Is there anything wrong?

Kim: You eat like a baby. Food is all over your mouth.

Then Kim wipes it away from Pete's lips with his thumb. Then he grabs a tissue and cleans Pete's face again. Pete hurriedly takes it from his hand.

Pete: thanks. Let me do it.

Pete's blushing like tomato. He can't keep eye contact with Kim. He gets up from his seat.

Pete: I have to use the restroom.

He kinda runs off from Kim. He stands in front of the mirror and speaking to himself.

> What's wrong with you Pete? Pull yourself together. Hugh…my heart is about to pop out. He's your boss. Khun Kim… no no no Kim…is my boss. I can't act like this in front of him. He's doing it because I saved his life. And it's my duty as a bodyguard. I can't be weak.>

He takes a deep breath. And washed his face then went back his sit.

Kim: you took so long.

Pete: ah… nothing. Just washing my face.

Pete finished rest of the food carefully. They also packed food. Then Kim took him to a temple. And Pete also likes it. They prayer together.

Kim: where do you wanna go now?

Pete: anywhere you take me.

Kim nodded. They drive to a beautiful sea side covered with stones. The wives are breaking here. When they reached there, the sun is almost at the edge of end. Pete's eyes are wide.

Kim: I wanna come here but didn't get a chance. So I thought today I should come here.

Pete: it's so beautiful. Thanks for taking me here.

Kim: consider it as a favor for saving my life that day and also for today.

Pete: please don't mention. It's my duty.

Kim: Are you doing it just for duty?

Kim asks him out of the blue. Pete doesn't reply. He just looks around. An awkward silence remains.

They sit down to enjoy the beautiful sunset. Pete is already tired. His eyes are getting heavy and it's hard to hold his head. His head is about to fall but Kim lands his shoulder to the younger.

Pete falls asleep in the cold breeze. Kim looks at him and caresses his cheek. Kim also holds Pete's hand but Pete doesn't know. After a few moments Kim carries the sleeping Pete in bridal style to his car, lets him sit and also locks the seat belt.

Kim drives to the major family. Kim smiles at Pete. Slightly moves Pete's hair to take a closer look.

Kim: Pete… hey Pete…we're here. Get up.

Pete: let me sleep grandma…

Pete just wrapped his arms around Kim's neck. Kim is feeling Pete's warm breathing. His heart is beating fast. Before knowing his lips slightly pushed against the other. Just a few seconds and he pulled himself back. He strokes Pete's soft hair again.

Kim: not like this. I want it to be special.

He touches Pete's cheek and shakes it. And then Pete slowly opens his eyes. He hurriedly put his hands from Kim's neck. And get out of the car.

Kim: here's the medicine. Take it properly.

Pete: thanks for today, Kim.

Kim nodded and handed over the packed food and medicines then left. Pete's cheeks are still burning because of his shyness. This is the first time he spent such a long time with Kim. It's really special to him.

When Pete's thinking about the whole day and lost in his world someone pat his shoulder. He just jumped off.

Pete: WHO?!....Oi…Porsche…my heart was about to pop out.

Porsche: Why did you come so late?

Pete: ah … actually Kim…I mean Khun Kim took me out for lunch.

Porsche hits his head slightly.

Porsche: oi…you can't even tell a lie. It's already evening. Is there something going on between you and Khun Kim?

Pete: ohh… you talk too much. It's nothing.

Porsche: you're blushing that means I'm right. And you talk about him most of the time. Khun Kim is this , Khun Kim is that, blah blah blah…

Pete: Porsche…stop it. My day was awesome. What about yours? Did you get into trouble again?

Porsche took a deep breath.

Porsche: like that, even not like that.

Pete: What do you mean?

Porsche: Well that meeting was boring just like that Kinn and I almost made him angry but I don't know how that Vegas…I mean Khun Vegas popped up from nowhere. But for him I just saved.

Pete: really?! Tell me in detail.

Porsche: not here. First let's go to our room I'll tell you.......