Chapter sixty-four - Running

'Wakey, wakey, lovebirds!'

It sounded exactly like something Minho would say and I turned out to be right.

'I'm not telling ya again! I don't care if anyone's sleep talking or lying on top of each other!' Minho shouted.

Newt let out a few grunts and opened his eyes, which immediately lit up when he saw me. 'Hey, love.' He smiled.

'Good morning.' It was the first time since I came to the Glade that I said good before morning. I couldn't help myself but smile too. The previous night wasn't just amazing, it had made me and Newt even closer than before and I felt like I was more in love with him than ever.

Both of us got up and got dressed before getting ourselves breakfast. 'Minho better didn't hear us, though.' Newt whispered while Frypan handed us our plates.

'Thanks, Fry.' I smiled and turned to Newt again. 'He didn't hear us, trust me. We were too quiet for anyone to hear.'
Newt raised his eyebrows.
'Okay, okay. There might be a small chance some people heard us, but I still don't think they did.' I laughed and sat down at a table.

Minho was already sitting there and staring at the two of us. I hoped so badly he didn't know anything about me and Newt. 'Morning.' He said just like he normally would do.

'Hey.' I almost let out a sigh of relief.

'Ready to run again?' Minho asked.

I had completely forgotten about my new job. 'Yes.' I replied. 'I hope we find something.'

'Hello!' Chuck sat down at the table enthusiastically and looked at me and Newt with a proud expression. He loved the fact he played a prank on us.

'Hey, Chuck.' I chuckled. 'And Thomas and Teresa.' I added once I saw the two sitting down.

'Morning.' Teresa smiled at me. I never talked much to her, but she seemed nice. She was not really someone I could imagine as a best friend, though.

'Nora, are you ready to go?' Minho looked at my empty plate.

'Yeah.' I got up and so did Newt. To my surprise, he walked all the way to the Doors with me and Minho. Newt firmly wrapped his arms around me.

'Be careful.' Newt whispered.

'I will.'

After a few seconds, Newt let go of me. 'I'll see you at dinner, okay?'

I nodded and followed Minho into the maze.

~

'Lunch break.' Minho stopped running and sat down on the stone floor and I followed his example. 'How are you doing, Nora?' Minho suddenly asked after a few seconds of silence.

'Oh, I'm fine.' I replied while getting some food out of my backpack. Minho raised his eyebrows. 'I'm telling the truth, Minho.' I said, truly honest.

'Just checkin' on ya.' Minho said.

'Thanks.' I smiled lightly.

'Have you been able to stop cutting?' Minho blurted out.

'Well, yes. For a few days at least.' I replied.

'You're doing really good, you know.' Minho looked at me. 'Seriously.'

I gave him another smile. 'Thanks.'

'Don't say that.' Minho laughed. 'You say it too much.'

'Oh, I'm sorry. Just me trying to be polite.' I rolled my eyes jokingly and Minho let out a chuckle.

After a while, both of us finished eating and we headed back to the Glade. Thomas and Logan ran together, since I had to run with Minho for the first few days. After a few hours, we go back to the Glade. Minho motioned for me to follow him and we walked through the woods. We walked past a small lake I had never seen before and I decided it would be a good place if I ever wanted some time for myself. Minho stopped walking when we arrived at a small, wooden in the middle of the woods.

'This is the Map Room.' Minho opened the door. 'Every day after we ran, we map. Basically, we write some notes down and we draw what the maze looked like that day. Try it.' Minho motioned at a blank paper. I started drawing some lines that were supposed to be the maze.

After a while, I was done. 'Looks good. Now let's get dinner.'

~

'Do you want to sleep?' Newt asked me after dinner.

'Yes.' I nodded.

'Should I come with you?'

'Yes.' I nodded again. Hand in hand we walked to my hut and put on our pajamas. Newt lay down on my bed and just as always, opened his arms so I could lie down.

~

A/N: Kind of a short chapter so I guess it's more of a filler! As I said before, someone gave me a good idea for the next chapter so I'm going to write it right now!