Chapter forty - Sleep Talking

A/N: Don't even ask what this is, lol.

~

Newt's POV

The next morning Nora was still next to me, or rather, on top of me. Her head was on my chest and the rest of her body was on my stomach and legs. Though I couldn't move, I didn't wake her up. I found myself drooling over her. She looked so cute. Her eyes were closed. Her hair was all messy, but she still managed to look amazing. Her arms were wrapped around my waist tightly, and I wondered how we even managed to end up in this position. But all of this didn't bother me in the slightest.

I couldn't fall asleep again, so I just looked at Nora. The way her breaths were steady and her chest moved up and down slowly. No matter how badly I wanted to stay like this, I knew we had to wake up sometime. But the problem was, I couldn't move. When I tried to, Nora tightened the grip on my waist even more. Slowly I moved my free arm to her hair and moved the hair out of her face.

'Nora,' I whispered. 'We have to get out of bed.'

She didn't react or move, so I tried again.

'Love, come on.' I said in the same quiet tone. Again, Nora's grip on me only tightened, but she didn't seem to wake up.

'I'm not daring to walk into Nora's hut again, but y'all need to wake up!' I heard Minho shout. Before I could respond I heard Minho walking away again.

'Nora,' I said a little louder. 'We really have to wake up.'

For the third time, she didn't move. I guessed she was in a very deep sleep, but I didn't blame her. The previous night she had been running the whole time and didn't sleep for a second.

She hadn't slept for two days and a night, so she must've been very tired. I didn't want to wake her. I just wanted to let her sleep but I, myself, had to wake up. I needed to work, but with Nora on top of me, I couldn't move.

'Nora,' I said, this time even louder. 'You can continue sleeping after, but I need to wake up now.' I shook her shoulder and a small groan escaped her mouth. I hoped that was a sign of her waking up.

'Newt! I'm not telling you again!' Minho shouted again.

'Just a minute, please!' I shouted back. With my only free arm, I shook Nora again. 'Nora, come on.' I was getting a little impatient.

'In a minute..' She quietly said.

'Nora?' I looked at her face, but her eyes were still closed.

'I'm in the Box,' she murmured.

'The Box?' I asked confused. Why would she talk about the Box?

'Yes,' she groaned. 'It is going up.'

Something about her tone wasn't right and I realized what was happening. She wasn't awake at all, she was talking in her sleep.

'Wait, it opened.' She murmured.

'What do you see?' I almost let out a chuckle at the things she said.

'Weird eyebrows,' She mumbled. 'I'm getting pulled out of the Box now.' She stumbled over her words. She was silent for a few seconds, but then she talked slowly. 'He has a weird accent.'

'I thought it was hot.' I started to join the 'conversation' she had.

'It is,' she said. 'He's cute.'

'Who?' I asked with a smile on my face.

'The lizard,' she answered very seriously. Her eyes were still closed.

'Newt?' I laughed quietly.

'I think that's his name..' she murmured. 'Oh, he's taking me to his hut.'

Nora had very.. interesting dreams. 'What are you guys doing?' I wondered.

Nora didn't respond for a few seconds.

'Nora?'

'Mean hoe walked in,' she mumbled.

'Mean hoe?' I repeated before laughing out loud. 'What else is happening?'

'Newt send him away.' She stayed silent for at least thirty seconds.

'Anything else?' I wondered if she would ever wake up.

'Newt this is the last time!' Minho yelled from outside. 'I'm coming in!' He stormed into Nora's hut and stared at us.

'What're y'all doing?' He frowned.

'Uhm-' I started. 'Nora is in a very.. deep sleep. and she's talking in her sleep.'

'Aha.' Minho walked closer to us.

'And I can't move, so would you help me get her off of me?'

'Actually, I'd like to hear what she has to say.' Minho smirked and I let out a sigh.

'He walked in again,' Nora mumbled.

'Who?' Minho immediately asked.

'Mean hoe.'

Minho pulled a face and looked at me. I shrugged.

'What else is happening?' Minho asked impatiently.

Nora waited a few seconds before responding. 'We're going into the maze.' Silence again. 'Oh.'

'What?' Minho straightened his back.

'The Grievers are pink.' She whispered. 'And they have a horn on their head.'

I frowned and wondered if she always had dreams like this.

'Unicorns?' Minho asked.

'Minho says they're called Grievicorns.'

'What?' I let out a laugh. 'Grievicorns?'

It was silent for a minute.

'Okay, enough with these.. interesting dreams. Wake her up and start working. I'm already late.' Minho said.

'Fine.' I shook Nora's shoulder. 'Nora.'

She let out a few groans but didn't wake up.

I looked at Minho. 'A little help, please? I can't move.'

Minho smirked and walked over to us. 'This is ridiculous.' He removed Nora's arms from my waist and gently pushed her off of me.

'Thanks.' I quickly got out of bed.

'Are we gonna let her sleep or what?' Minho looked at Nora.

'I guess so.' I shrugged.

'I better go now then.' Minho walked away.