Chapter forty-three - Wake Up

A/N: More than forty chapters already! Thank you all so much for the support and 100 followers <3

~

Newt's POV

One day later Nora still didn't wake up and I was getting anxious.

'She'll wake up, right?' I asked for like the third time.

'Most likely.' Clint answered.

I hadn't left the med-hut since she arrived there. 'Chuck asked about Nora. He was looking for her.' Jeff said.

'She doesn't want Chuck to see her like this.' I said.

'He won't see the cuts.' Jeff replied.

'But still.' I scratched the back of my head.

'He'll ask where she's been.' Clint added.

'Then we say she was busy.' I said.

'Why would we even lie to Chuck? Maybe he doesn't even ask about it.' Jeff commented.

'We can't tell him. He's just a kid.'

'We are kids too, Newt.' Clint looked at me. I knew we were kids, but it didn't feel like that. Kids didn't have to worry about this kind of stuff. Kids don't get locked up in a shucking maze.

'We'll think of something else.' Jeff decided.

'Like what?' I asked.

'Say she got her period.' Clint suggested.

'Her what?'

Clint and Jeff looked at me in confusion. 'Her period.' Jeff repeated.

'What's that?' I wondered.

'Gosh, you don't know?' Clint rubbed his forehead. 'Didn't she tell you?'

'Not that I remember.' I shrugged. 'What is it?'

'Do we really have to give you a lesson now?' Jeff sighed, but let out a chuckle after.

'Once a month a female gets her period. She loses blood and can get sick.' Clint didn't give away much detail.

'They bleed?' I repeated.

'Yes.'

'How?' I frowned.

'You don't even know how people bleed?' Jeff laughed.

'No, no, I know that. But I mean, how do they bleed? Like where?'

'Uhm,' Jeff started. 'Their private part.'

'What?' I got even more confused. 'How the shuck can you bleed there? I thought they got nosebleeds. Nora showed me these things once-.'

My face dropped.

'What?' Jeff asked.

'Bloody hell.' I mumbled.

'Newt?' Clint asked.

'Oh, I said some stupid things.' I murmured.

'Like what?'

'She showed me this.. thing. And I asked what it was for. She told me to stop the bleeding and I thought she meant nosebleeds.' My face turned red. 'Wait.. but that means..'

'Newt, form some normal sentences, please.' Clint laughed.

'They put those things in their private part?!' I asked. 'To stop the bleeding?!'

'Oh, my god.' Clint and Jeff burst out laughing, but I didn't get what was so funny about it.

'Okay, enough about this.' I said. 'I've never respected Nora more than now.' I decided.