9

I stayed in Kelley's arms the rest of the time. My questioning went by pretty quickly, it was Kieran's who's took a while.

Kelley and Christen eventually had to go in for their questioning, so Tobin offered to hold me. I gladly accepted and cuddled into her. She ran her hands through my hair as I laid my head on her shoulder. I couldn't stop thinking about where I was going to go now. I felt tears fall from my eyes, dropping on Tobin's shirt.

She stopped playing with my hair, but instead started rubbing circles on my back. I usually hated this, since my uncle would always do this before he held me down, forcing me to obey him. But with Tobin, it felt different. I felt safe and protected, I knew she would never hurt me. "How're you feeling?" She asked me, breaking the comforting silence.

"Well, my head is aching and I feel like shit, but other than that, I'm okay." I replied.

"Can I try something on you that my mom used to do on me when I had headaches?" She asked.

"Sure."

Tobin placed me more on the center of her lap, facing her. She put her hands up, making me flinch, and her apologizing. We carried on and she started massaging my temples, and I've got to say, it felt awesome. My head almost instantly felt better. Once she finished, I wrapped my arms around her neck. "Thank you. That helped, a lot."

"No problem kid." She laughed, and put her arms around my waist, resting her head on my shoulder. We stayed like this for what seemed like forever, until Kelley and Christen finally joined us. At the sight of Tobin and I, they both laughed, and took a photo. Kelley sat next to us, and started complaining.

"I want my Cora back." She whined. I turned my head to look at her, and smiled.

"Too bad, she's mine now. You left her." Tobin teased.

"I had too! I'm back now, so can I please have her back now?" Kelley asked with puppy dog eyes.

"No." Was all Tobin said before laughing at Kelley.

Kelley slumped back in her seat with a fake angry attitude. "You can have me." Christen announced before climbing into Kelley's arms. Kelley wrapped her arms around Christen.

"You're good enough." Kelley said, closing her eyes on the younger girl's shoulder. They copied the position Tobin and I were in, with Christen's arms wrapped around Kelley's neck, and Kelley's arms around Christen's waist. I looked up at Tobin, who looked a little jealous. I knew there was something going on between Christen and her.

"I don't care, Cora's better anyways." Tobin replied to their actions with. I smiled, closing my eyes. I was still exhausted, and quite starving.

"Oh come on Tobs, we know you're jealous." Kelley smirked. That was all I heard before I was out.

———

Next thing I knew, I was being woken up from a bumpy road. I didn't know where I was, it was almost pitch black out, and I realized I was in someone's grip. I looked up, and I could barely make out the face of Kelley. She was holding me, both of us sitting up (like the picture above). I looked across from me and saw Tobin holding a sleeping Kieran. I guess Kelley noticed I was awake, because she whispered a hey and kissed the top of my head.

"Where are we going?" I silently asked, not wanting to wake Kieran.

"To the hospital. The police sent us, you have some pretty bad cuts." She whispered back.

I nodded in response, still too tired to do anything.

Kelley rested her head on mine, wrapping her arms around my neck. Don't worry, she wasn't choking me, just hugging me. Just as I almost fell asleep again, Kelley's phone started ringing. It was really loud, and she rushed to turn it off. She looked at the caller ID, and hung up. She then put the phone in front of me, allowing me to read all the messages. She had to type with both hands, so that's why she placed it in front of me.