13

Kelley

Alex was sitting next to me while we talked. Our conversation went every which way, from the accident to a memory we shared of us at the beach. At one point, neither is us knew what to say next. There was a comforting silence between us when I decided to blurt out my thoughts.

"I think I want to adopt Cora."

Alex looked at me wide-eyed. "Are you sure? I mean you've know her for a few days, what-"

"Yes. I'm sure. I've known her for very little time, but in these past few days I have felt something I've never felt before. That I wanted to protect Cora as much as I can. She's affected me so much with her personality, skills, and life. I just want to give her what she deserves." 

Al said nothing. She stared at me for a minute before finally breaking the now awkward silence.

"I think you should."

"Wait, really? I thought you wouldn't want me to honestly."

"Maybe at first, because I felt like she was pulling you away from everyone else, including me. But now I see how much you care for her, and how much she looks up to you. I know you would give her the best care you could give her. It's a mom instinct, I've seen it before, and I see it in you." She smiled.

Her words melted my heart. She really thinks I'm fit for the job, coming from a mom herself.

"See, now this is why you're my best friend." We laughed together.

Ali

Cora still hasn't woken up. I was already really worried, but now im even more scared. It's been two days, and I've only gone back to the hotel to shower and sleep.

Kelley is now out of bed and walking around. She's been keeping me company in Cora's room. She hasn't left the hospital since she got here, and honestly looks a mess. I do too, but I've at least gotten a few hours of sleep. 

I heard a knock at the door. I got up from the couch to open it, and saw a nurse there with a sweet smile on her face. 

"Sorry to disturb you, but we have found some family of Cora's that would like to see her." The nurse told me. 

Family? It better not be some abusive bitches, or I am getting Ash to kick some ass. 

I looked back at Kelley. She looked surprised, and honestly a little hurt. I'm not sure why, shouldn't she be happy Cora's family can take care of her now? 

"Uh o-ok." I stuttered, opening the door wider, letting the nurse and a nice looking family that I didn't even know was behind the nurse in. 

The mom was a short, blonde, beautiful woman. She was carrying a sleeping child, who looked around the age of 1. He was adorable, with his squished cheek laying in his moms shoulder. The dad on the other hand, was very tall, muscular but thin, and was also holding a sleeping child, who was older. The baby looked to be about 2 or 3. Behind them, was a much older girl, with dirty blonde hair, a blue Adidas hoodie, and a very thin figure. She looked around the age of 14. When she saw me, the young girl's worried facial expression immediately changed to shock and happiness.

I love my fans, but right now I was not in the mood to do anything, so I just simply smiled at her. 

 The mom gave the baby she was holding to her daughter, and rushed over to Cora's side. 

"What happened?" She asked, supposedly the nurse, while holding Cora's hand. 

"She was in a bad accident. She got stabbed with a piece of the window from her lower abdomen to right below her chest, broke her ribs, which stabbed her lung, causing internal bleeding, and now she's in a coma." The nurse told them.