It Isn't Your Fault

Genre: fluff, sad, angst (somewhat)

Imagine: reader getting hurt on a hunt and Dean (your newly boyfriend) blaming himself

There you were with Dean, and Sam, fighting a nest of about 15-20 vampires. Chopping heads off left and right, but it's not enough, all of a sudden you feel a sharp pain in your stomach, and a bite mark in your shoulder. You look down and see blood everywhere.

"D-Dean" is all you can manage to get out with how fast the blood loss is hitting you. Luckily by now Dean and Sam have gotten almost all the vampires, including the one that bit and cut you. Dean runs to you as you slightly step back against the wall and slide down it, you can't help but start coughing some. He lifts your shirt enough to see the wound and his face tells you everything you need to know, that it's not pretty, at all. When he notices his facial expressions he quickly puts your shirt down and adds pressure to it while looking at you, giving you a half smile.

"It's not that bad, hey, hey look at me.. It's not that bad, ok? We can patch you up right here you'll be fine.."  "Sam Get the kit out the car and any extra bandages, hurry please."

"Dean, baby." You say quietly but loud enough for him to hear you, as you try your very best not to pass out. "Don't li-lie to me. I saw your face.. I'm not gonna m-make it am I?"

"Y/n. Stop, don't say stuff like that. You're gonna be just fine a promise. Worse case scenario you pass out a little because of a little blood loss. But nothing major, ok? You hear me, it's ok."

"Stop Dean, I may make it, but there's a good chance I'm not gonna." At this point you're scared to close your eyes, knowing they may never open again, as tears start to fill Deans. He puts his hand on your face and brushes his thumb back and fourth on your cheek.

"I got you, Sam should be back any second and he's the best at patching people up."

You lean into his hand, now with your eyes almost completely unable to stay open.

"I love you Dean. I'm sorry but I can't hang much longer. I pray I wake back up at the bunker, but I-I'm not 100 percent sure right now." You take one more look at him and give him a lazy smile before closing your eyes, barely hearing the last 4 words escape his mouth.

"I love you too."

~time skip~

You wake up slightly opening your eyes to see Dean sitting on a chair next to your bed, his head resting on your leg while he sleeps, and your hand in his. You take your unoccupied left hand and rub your eyes, trying to adjust to the bright light, you try to sit up but when you move the pain you feel is indescribable, which makes you let out a moan from the pain. This wakes Dean up, when he realizes you're awake he, in a blink of an eye, wraps his arms around your back gently and rests his head in the crook of your neck.

"Hey baby." You say in a very quiet groggy voice. He responds by tightening his grip around you, enough for you to notice, but not enough to hurt you. After a minute he backs away and makes his way to the empty side of the bed, he lays on his side right against you as you lay on your back, and puts his arm above your stomach but under your chest, and lays his head on your chest.

"Is this ok?"

"Yes baby." A long moment later you speak again. "I'm really sorry."

"For what?" Dean looks up at your with a confused look.

"For getting hurt, and being a burden to you guys."

"Sweetheart it's not your fault you got hurt, and you are never a burden to me."

You notice the way he says this, as if he is implying its his fault.

"Dean.. You know it isn't your fault either right."

"Thats what you think."

"Its not your fault dean, you couldn't of helped me. If you would've you would be dead right now." At this point he has sat up, and you're now trying to stand up which he sees, so he comes to try and help you. Once you are standing, he speaks again.

"It should've been me to get hurt, not you y/n."

"Stop it. No it shouldn't of been, no one should've gotten hurt but its part of the job." You look up to see Deans eyes filled with tears, trying not to show his emotions too much. "Dean, come here." You say as you pull him into a hug. You slip your hands under his flannel and shirt to feel his warmth.

"Sweetheart. I'm so sorry you got hurt."

"It's ok. I'm fine, see? I'm good, I promise." At this point you are both crying. 

"Hey, Sam got burgers by th way. If you're hungry of course."

"Are you kidding me, I'm freaking starving." You guys share a laugh as you make your way down stairs, Dean being extra careful that you don't fall or something. Then you guys eat and cuddle up on the couch watching movies, even though you fall asleep 10 minutes into the first movie.

~A.M