Chapter 48 - 『Red And Black』

Cale opens his mouth to say something. But when he couldn't think of the right words to say, he closed it again.

This process repeated for a while, making the people who was about to listen to him continue to tense up.

Lan Wangji's patience though is running thin.

"Huan-ge. You don't have to say anything if you don't want to. You're not obligated to tell us anything if you're uncomfortable with it."

It surprised Cale to say the least, to hear the younger say so many words to him when he's usually just someone who listens to others and say his opinions as short as possible.

"...It's alright." Cale says after a while, heaving a deep sigh.

He ought to introduce himself first shouldn't he?

"My name is Wei Xun, courtesy name, Wei Xianghuan."

His throat felt dry, but he smiled then nonetheless.

"I am formerly known as Cale Henituse, the son of a Duke in Rowoon Kingdom."

He had finally said it.

"Sworn brothers with the King, and the former Commander of two continents."

Such titles are normally too extravagant for him, but his new family should know who he is before they know him as Wei Xun.

Though they should also know, about his divinity.

"A God..." Cale rasped out and looks down, he still couldn't accept that he's one of the entities he hate with passion.

Xuanwu howls in a low manner, its gold eyes looking through the window in one of the pavilions in Lotus Pier.

"A-Xun." Jiang Fengmian calls, making the redhead look at him.

"If you don't want to be called one, don't force yourself."

Cale's hand flinched. Then Lan Xichen also spoke.

"No matter what or who you are in the previous, you are still Wei Xun to us. Of course we aren't disregarding Cale Henituse, you are one after all."

Jiang Yanli then held his shoulders, sending him a comforting smile.

"This is our present now. We are together, and will always be...through thick and thin. So chin up, dear little brother. You will always be our A-Xun no matter what identity."

They must have felt it, the hesitance Cale had been showing to them.

But he doesn't even need to hesitate, since they are ready to accept his every flaw as a whole.

This was a first. Since he didn't really talk about his life as Kim Rok Soo to his people when he was Cale Henituse.

Maybe only three to five people only found out back then, but it still wasn't enough for him to talk about it unless someone asked.

Surprisingly, Cale could feel some of his burden being lessened from his shoulders, making him elicit a small and fond smile.

Just then, Xiao Wang lightly quivered beside the redhead before slowly turning into a human.

"I should clear something about your Godhood."

The man heaves a deep sigh, a look of forlorn in his eyes as he looks at Cale whose hair had already returned to its usual red color.

"Black symbolises your divinity. The moment it appears again, you're a God. The moment it's gone, hence you're a mortal again."

Xiao Wang looks, particularly to the sky behind Cale.